Mainstream approval

When a fuck buddy becomes something more.
wannabecUKold

Mainstream approval

Unread post by wannabecUKold » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:20 am

Lengthy in-depth 'investigation' today in the UK's Sunday Times on polyamory and open relationships, much more approving than is often the case. Behind a paywall, I suspect.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/why- ... -9dmnt652q

In the UK - perhaps because of lockdown - there seems to have been quite a favourable shift in public conversation. Long may it continue.

canadianwittol
Player

Re: Mainstream approval

Unread post by canadianwittol » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:19 pm

Please pardon a cuckold invading the Poly forum, but I wanted to offer an aside which I think reinforces what you are saying.

When we entered this lifestyle in 2009 nobody that we knew seemed to know what a cuckold was. Typically, my wife pretended she was cheating with partners because it spared her having to make an explanation.

Circa 2016 seems to us to have been the beginning of a new time. "Cuck" became a popular pejorative again in a political sense. But there seemed to be more mainstream film & TV mentions of it as well. An episode of "You're the Worst" featured the concept prominently and the podcast "Call Her Daddy" broadcast a very pro-cuckolding message, ironically from a female perspective to a female audience. Other examples escape me, but all of a sudden this was the fetish people were talking about. CNN did a story too extolling the virtues of a cuckold relationship.

Starting in 2018, my wife began to take advantage of Tinder, primarily for the purpose of meeting an occasional NSA one night stand. Owing to the anonymity this afforded her, she was at times quite open about the fact that she was married and that I was a cuckold. She figures that about half of the men she mentioned this too had *some* idea about what that meant. Interestingly enough, very few seem to care.

But yes, I agree - it's out there in the mainstream now.
Wearing the cuckold's horns since 2009

kwaka400
Trainable

Unread post by kwaka400 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:25 am

I for one do not really care about mainstream approval it is our life and decision and only us to please.
Kwaka400

snoogaloo82
OHW Addict

Unread post by snoogaloo82 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:19 am

wannabecUKold wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:20 am
Lengthy in-depth 'investigation' today in the UK's Sunday Times on polyamory and open relationships, much more approving than is often the case. Behind a paywall, I suspect.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/why- ... -9dmnt652q

In the UK - perhaps because of lockdown - there seems to have been quite a favourable shift in public conversation. Long may it continue.
I hope it becomes the norm rather than the exception!

trecital
OHW Addict

Unread post by trecital » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:36 am

I doubt it. Article behind pay wall!!!