Our Hotwives

A place to discuss the hotwife and cuckold lifestyles
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:58 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Site Funding
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:38 pm 
OHW Addict

I have been informed by one of our supporters that he has received questions about funding for this site. He was asked:
I tried linking to the paypal account cited, and it didn't connect. We are happy to contribute because we value this site, but I guess I'm always a little skeptical of requests for donations. I'm wondering, if not through donations, how is the site funded? We don't get advertisements. How much does something like this cost to keep going?

His answer:
The site is funded solely by donations. That keeps things simple and allows the mods to simply kick out assholes! Dave (Inigo) started the site with his own money. As it got bigger the cost went up and he asked for help.The options were dues, ads, or donations. The forum selected donations. There used to be one ad, for an adult toy site, but I just checked and it is gone.

My Input:
When Inigo started this site the cost was about $12 per month and he funded that himself. At the same time I started a site to post videos and that cost me $12 per month which I funded for two years until the host sold out.

This site got so big that we had trouble with utilization and the only answer was to move to a dedicated server. That meant that instead of paying only a small fee for a shared server we had to pay the whole cost. That cost started out at about $90 per month and then Inigo, or now me, cannot afford that monthly bill.

The members were polled and replied that they would make donations to fund this site. Inigo also had made a deal with an adult toys site to advertise for them for putting a link on this site. That was tied to his paypal account and he has cut that link.

Currently there are only about 1% of the total membership making donations to keep this site going but that is the only way it can keep going is by donations.

If you check the member since date you will see that Inigo and I registered the same day, day one of this forum.

I do not know how much funding we got from the adult toy site, will find out to see if it was worth it. If it was then I will see if I can get the same deal with them.

To fund this site you can goto your paypal account and click on send money. When that forum opens send money to chuck@platinum-edition.com and mark it as a gift or service. Do not make a mistake in my email or it will not go through.

I do not see any increase in cost for the near future but one never knows if the server company will have to increase due to the economy. The only increase I can ever see happening is for a larger storage space but that is not an issue right now.

If anyone has any questions just ask.

OK, when you think you covered everything there is always another question:
We are wanting to make a donating, so what is the standard format? a one time donation or monthly and what are the amounts usually donated.

Answer:
There really is no format. We have always only asked for what a person felt comfortable with giving. Some make a larger donation and then wait until request is made again due to funds running low and others make smaller but more often donations. It is really up to you.

A bigger fool than the fellow who knows it all is the one who'll argue with him.