All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Chat?
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:51 pm 
Virgin

What happened to chat??

Post subject: Re: Chat?
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:08 am 
Experienced

What's happening with the chat site. Are you working on it? It has been going off and on all morning and this last time it has been off for awhile.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:04 am 
Virgin

although the old chat was freezing , it was much better than the new chat. in the new chat you hardly can chat with anyone , too many rooms and you can't find out where are the people

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:12 am 
Trainable

leo_themaster wrote:
although the old chat was freezing , it was much better than the new chat. in the new chat you hardly can chat with anyone , too many rooms and you can't find out where are the people

Yep the new chat is a dog. Best approach is ignore it and it will go the way of the dodo.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:14 pm 
Experienced

I am now completely unable to access the OHW Chat. It appears to not exist anymore as I get a "Bad Gateway" page. I am beginning to get the feeling of why bother with this site at all. We don't even get an answer in this area from the administration. I loved this site, but beginning to look for something else.

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:32 pm 
Experienced

A month or so ago the chat system was relocated to what seemed at the time like a better hosting solution. Turned out to be a horribly inaccurate assessment. I've been working on moving the system back to the proven system, but there's quite a bit of effort needed and looking at 1-2 more weeks before that transition is complete. Most of the issues described above (slow, bad gateway, etc) are all due to the new hosting solution not being up to the task at hand.

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm 
Prepubescent

thank you for the update JZMatrix. Can't wait for it to come back.

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:44 pm 
Experienced

I'm going to be creating a new poll on the chat site (and hopefully here as well) within the new couple of days to help determine the future direction of the chat system based on the varied responses during this year since the system change.

Refer to https: //w ww.hotwife.community/page/chatOptions in the meantime to read the proposed options as well as the initial list of Pros/Cons between the systems.
If you feel there are any Pros/Cons that weren't included in the list, please PM me so that I can try and make the list as complete as possible, from the view of the users of the system.

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:00 pm 
Prepubescent

Trying to access that site JZMatrix but it seems like the main page is down now.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:47 am 
Experienced

@WVnewguy did you try again and did you get back in? I'm unaware of any issues during the end of last week or throughout the weekend that would have caused any outages to occur.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:07 am 
Prepubescent

ok now my password doesn't work asked me to log in and I do and it says invalid password...opens this site just fine but I can't chat...what is up?

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:13 am 
Experienced

After I posted this update I saw another message regarding the chat system having issues. Turns out the "awesome" current host decided to reboot the system last night without pre (or post) notice which resulted in all of the memory resident items being purged. It takes a bit of time to prime that pump after a reboot, but am expecting the chat system to be back online in fairly short order (expecting 5-10 minutes, as of this writing).

Also actively (as previously stated in other posts) working on getting off of this host as they've introduced a level of instability I haven't seen on a system is quite some time. Expecting the migration to be completed by the end of this week.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:48 pm 
Prepubescent

so all the files in that site are gone?

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:14 pm 
Experienced

Which files are you referring to?
Referring to the items that were purged, they were memory resident files which have to be reloaded when the service (or system) is rebooted. They are backed down to disk every hour making the fall back window up to 1 hour, but due to the size of the data, it takes a good 15-20 minutes (on average) to process and reload the data from the latest backup back into the memory resident service.