Our Hotwives

A place to discuss the hotwife and cuckold lifestyles
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:06 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Avatar
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:31 pm 
OHW Addict

In case anyone has seen Maria's new avatar, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=436&start=725 ,
I have changed the size to 120 x 120 and 8meg.

A bigger fool than the fellow who knows it all is the one who'll argue with him.

Post subject: Re: Avatar
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:02 pm 
Experienced

I've not been able to crack the code on the avatar. i"ve resized it to 120x90, but it's still larger than 8meg, what am I missing.

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:30 pm 
OHW Addict

gotyme wrote:
I've not been able to crack the code on the avatar. i"ve resized it to 120x90, but it's still larger than 8meg, what am I missing.

If you cannot reduce the size post it for me and I will do it for you. What program are you using to resize. Most have a place to select to make it for posting on the web which should taek it down to a thumbnail size.

A bigger fool than the fellow who knows it all is the one who'll argue with him.

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:50 pm 
OHW Addict

Mr Bear wrote:
120x90 pixels is over 8MB? No way. You're doing pixels, not inches, right? Lol

Pixels but still limited to 8meg.

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:52 pm 
Player

I am having trouble pulling up the avatar on my profile. Any suggestions?

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:05 pm 
OHW Addict

Newbull wrote:
I am having trouble pulling up the avatar on my profile. Any suggestions?

What size is it? If the file is larger than 8MB or the size if over 120x120 it will not load.
If you need help, email it to me and I will resize it for you.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:21 pm 
Virgin

Hi, I'm a new member here, having a similar problem. I used photoshop to resize to 120 x 108, it's down to 16kb which is pretty small but I guess it needs to be under 8kb?? I even changed to B&W hoping that would reduce the file size but I guess not. Please help, thanks!

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:40 pm 
OHW Addict

jonstrong wrote:
Hi, I'm a new member here, having a similar problem. I used photoshop to resize to 120 x 108, it's down to 16kb which is pretty small but I guess it needs to be under 8kb?? I even changed to B&W hoping that would reduce the file size but I guess not. Please help, thanks!

email it to me and I will do it for you or you can go to the hotties and at the top in how to post there are two resize resident programs, one for XP and one for WIN7. Once installed it is just a right click, check custom, enter 120 in each box and click OK. If you want to email them to me sent to allengt@hotmail.com and put in subj OHW Avatar.
Did you remove the meta data to get the mb down?

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:16 am 
OHW Addict

jonstrong wrote:

Not sure exactly where it is, but I'm pretty sure the "Save For Web" dialog has an option for keeping the size "below nnK".

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:04 am 
Player

Allengt, How do we include one of those blue highlighted references to another posting? you know, the "viewtopic" entry. Thanks

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:16 am 
Virgin

If you need help with dealing with pics ..I am a graphics designer. I can help you get a great way to do this. The problem most times is the res is set to high and needs to be dropped down also the saving as a large file also will cause this problem..

Admin feel free to email me ..

ajth4ump3r21

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:51 am 
OHW Addict

ajth4ump3r21 wrote:
If you need help with dealing with pics ..I am a graphics designer. I can help you get a great way to do this. The problem most times is the res is set to high and needs to be dropped down also the saving as a large file also will cause this problem..

Admin feel free to email me ..

ajth4ump3r21

Welcome to the forum. I do not have any problems resizing pictures. I can take a 3000x3000 pixel and over 3 meg picture and have it down to 800x800 and less than 50k in two moves without hurting picture quality.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:41 am 
Virgin

I have used Adobe Photoshop 6 and reduced mine to 120 x 101 pixels and it still won't load...very frustrating !

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:05 pm 
OHW Addict

Welldressedman wrote:
I have used Adobe Photoshop 6 and reduced mine to 120 x 101 pixels and it still won't load...very frustrating !

It has to be less than 8k.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:18 pm 
OHW Addict

triad wrote:
8kb is way too little space for 120x120 anything

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to say but you do not know what you are talking about as I create them all the time.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:49 pm 
Prepubescent

Hello to the group - a new member (as of a few minutes ago).

I have had very, very good luck with "Irfanview". This is a free photo editor, extremely versatile in re-sizing (by pixels or size in either inches or metric measurement)), changing resolution, color corrections etc. You can save your work without affecting the original and also save specifically for web posting as a very small file with excellent retention. If there is a mode that the program doesn't inherently support, the author has an extremely comprehensive st of plug-ins that you can pull directly from his site.

All in all, I have found IrfanView to be just about as good of a graphics editing program as the "big name" ones and, IMHO - when the end result is equal to the several hundred dollar programs and your cost for the product is $0.00 it comes down to free works!

(Of course, just as the moderators here know, bandwidth costs money, the author will accept donations - no specified amount but I feel certainly worth supporting)

Ray in SW CT

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:43 pm 
Experienced

Hi, i was wondering if there was a way to set a photo to an avatar pic using an Android smartphone? Even using my pc i can get photos under 8 kb but error message states 0 pixels. Was hoping to be able to do this on my smartphone as that is what i use most of the time. Thanks in advance, any ideas?

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:07 pm 
OHW Addict

dannyandjess wrote:
Hi, i was wondering if there was a way to set a photo to an avatar pic using an Android smartphone? Even using my pc i can get photos under 8 kb but error message states 0 pixels. Was hoping to be able to do this on my smartphone as that is what i use most of the time. Thanks in advance, any ideas?

I have no idea as I do not have a smart phone. If you cannot get it to the right size, email it to me and I will size it for you. allengt@hotmail.com

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:57 pm 
Experienced

Thanks Allen. Sent it out to you. I'll try to figure it out on my end for future pics.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:18 pm 
Verified Hot Wife

I too have had a difficult time shrinking my avatar photo. Was able to reduce the pixels but the mb are still at 20.6. I see that you can email allengt; however I am just getting back to this sight been gone for a while and it is taking me some time to figure out how to navigate. I originally sent allengt my verified hot wife photo over a year ago. please help
thanks
Kelmar

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:08 pm 
OHW Addict

kelmar63 wrote:
I too have had a difficult time shrinking my avatar photo. Was able to reduce the pixels but the mb are still at 20.6. I see that you can email allengt; however I am just getting back to this sight been gone for a while and it is taking me some time to figure out how to navigate. I originally sent allengt my verified hot wife photo over a year ago. please help
thanks
Kelmar

Just email me that picture and I will resize it for you. I prefer the one that you have not already shrunk some.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:46 pm 
OHW Addict

allengt wrote:
kelmar63 wrote:
thanks
Kelmar

Just email me that picture and I will resize it for you. I prefer the one that you have not already shrunk some.

As I suspected the only reason you could not get the physical size down was due to meta data. I just opened it in paint, copied it and then saved it in a new paint and it is now less that 4k. If you had sent me the full size I could have made you a bigger avatar.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:00 am 
Virgin

I can't get a pic on for my avatar.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:10 pm 
OHW Addict

Then it is not scaled correctly, email it to me and I will resize it for you. allengt@hotmail.com and put in subj OHW Avatar so that I do not delete it.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:50 am 
Experienced

Allen,

Thanks for sizing my files for me. Appreciate the assistance. Only problem is, when I tried to upload one it still won't go. Can you not upload for an iPad?

Playboy Fan