Stds caught

For hotwives and the men who adore them.

What STDS have you or your partner caught from hotwifing?

Herpes
8%
HPV
8%
Goneria and/or Syphilis
3%
HIV
1%
Crabs
2%
Other (curable)
7%
Other (non cureabe)
0%
None
70%

Total votes: 690

cpeater

Re: Stds caught

Unread post by cpeater » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:12 pm

Mr1SexyGILF wrote: It seems that the risk of unprotected oral sex is quite low.

What is your assessment on that topic?

Mr GILF
I agree. Unprotected Anal > Vaginal > Oral > no mucous membranes (hands, feet, you get the idea ).

However, very important to note that more than half the new genital herpes in recent studies of college students are HSV-1 infections, presumably from oral sex (both fellatio and cunnilingus) given by someone with a cold sore!

sadie

Unread post by sadie » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:39 pm

Bump

Kate88
Verified Hot Wife

Unread post by Kate88 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:23 pm

Some people suggested 'testing yourself and partner' before sex which is a complete nonsense (sorry I don't mean to be rude but it is). Many STDs like HIV are not detectable for weeks and months, and most tests are cheap and don't cover full disease range. So me or my partner could take a test get a false negative, immediately or because of a delay in virus development. Same story as with covid. Proper exhaustive STD testing which covers 99% of diseases costs at least £400 in London, and it takes weeks to get the results back, look it up. Obviously no-one is going to do that or wait just for some potential FWB. Nothing will ever replace the safety of condoms. I had bareback sex on a few occasions and still do oral unprotected but only with my long standing boyfriend and my husband. Luckily I haven't caught anything that I'm aware of.

sadie

Unread post by sadie » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:33 am

Kate88 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:23 pm
Some people suggested 'testing yourself and partner' before sex which is a complete nonsense (sorry I don't mean to be rude but it is). Many STDs like HIV are not detectable for weeks and months, and most tests are cheap and don't cover full disease range. So me or my partner could take a test get a false negative, immediately or because of a delay in virus development. Same story as with covid. Proper exhaustive STD testing which covers 99% of diseases costs at least £400 in London, and it takes weeks to get the results back, look it up. Obviously no-one is going to do that or wait just for some potential FWB. Nothing will ever replace the safety of condoms. I had bareback sex on a few occasions and still do oral unprotected but only with my long standing boyfriend and my husband. Luckily I haven't caught anything that I'm aware of.
I probably put forward that 'nonsense' ;-) let me motivate the reasons to be tested! 4th gen HIV testing is accurate moderately fast:
The median window period is 18 days (interquartile range 13 to 24 days). This indicates that half of all infections would be detected between 13 and 24 days after exposure.
99% of HIV-infected individuals would be detectable within 44 days of exposure.
The more important point is that HIV does not reach high viral loads for months and so can be detected long before someone is going to actively transmit (viral load matters a lot which is why at this point HIV+ individuals taking antiretrovirals and undetectable viral load are considered to not transmit. Home (antibody) tests are accurate at 3 months and cost about $40.

I understand that the NHS may not do HIV testing on-demand and so in that context, maybe you need to go to expensive / private. Today, I can get free HIV testing in most major cities in the US because policy makers long since recognized that removing barriers to testing is far less expensive than caring for people who have full blown AIDS.

I can get tested on request with my regular health care provider and if I go and ask for HIV she will also add a full STI batter. It wasn't always this way, however in my community (queer / poly / leatherfolk) the standard for all the time I've been at it (25 years) is people who actively see multiple partners get tested 4x per year, if you're not as active, annually would be considered minimum.

Also, back then we had to worry that if your insurance company learned you had an HIV test, your insurance could be cancelled and so a lot of labs offered anonymous testing - you never gave your name or ID and were provided with an ID number to call back and check results.

Condoms are only 70% effective against HIV, while PrEP is better than 90% effective. I have a PrEP prescription that I can take if I care to have sex with a guy (as long as my sex is F-F, my risk is effectively zero). See the recent thread about PrEP for details, testing is mandatory before starting PrEP.

I also am OK doing oral without barriers, subject to my partner's preference.
Last edited by sadie on Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

2inUPMichigan
VHW Admin

Unread post by 2inUPMichigan » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:23 am

Kate88 wrote:
Condoms make you safer but there can still be skin to skin transmission of some STD'S.
Testing is important. I do not play with a man who does not get regular testing, my sexual health is too important and theirs should be too! I don't necessarily demand he get tested immediately before we have sex the first time, it depends on when his most recent test was.

It comes down to this - I'm worth it 😉 if he wants to spend time with me and I want him to get tested then he will get that test or I will have no problem passing on him. Yes men have waited weeks before meeting me and we built up the heat during that time. My regular FWB and I didn't end up meeting until 4 months after we first made contact and we have been meeting for a year and a half.

afagehi7

Unread post by afagehi7 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:04 pm

2inUPMichigan wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:23 am
Kate88 wrote:
Condoms make you safer but there can still be skin to skin transmission of some STD'S.
Testing is important. I do not play with a man who does not get regular testing, my sexual health is too important and theirs should be too! I don't necessarily demand he get tested immediately before we have sex the first time, it depends on when his most recent test was.

It comes down to this - I'm worth it 😉 if he wants to spend time with me and I want him to get tested then he will get that test or I will have no problem passing on him. Yes men have waited weeks before meeting me and we built up the heat during that time. My regular FWB and I didn't end up meeting until 4 months after we first made contact and we have been meeting for a year and a half.
Do you go bare with your regular fwb? Or is he tested and condomed?
Last edited by afagehi7 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spongeworthy
Experienced

Unread post by spongeworthy » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:16 pm

I don't she was talking about a customer when she said "I'm worth it."

afagehi7

Unread post by afagehi7 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:25 pm

spongeworthy wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:16 pm
It's a joking way to refer to her FWB. I know she isn't selling anything. I edited since it seems not everyone understands. Maybe a language thing.

2inUPMichigan
VHW Admin

Unread post by 2inUPMichigan » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:02 pm

spongeworthy wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:16 pm
I know my value as a person and I am worth waiting for.

Silly that I have to clarify that 🙄

ABullNamedBlindMike
Experienced

Unread post by ABullNamedBlindMike » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:02 pm

Two of the fastest growing cancer diagnoses in the Western world? Anal-rectal in women and head, nose and throat in men. HPV is strongly thought to be the culprit.

2inUPMichigan
VHW Admin

Unread post by 2inUPMichigan » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:14 pm

afagehi7 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:04 pm
2inUPMichigan wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:23 am
Kate88 wrote:

Do you go bare with your regular fwb? Or is he tested and condomed?
Are you asking me? It's never been a secret that I always use condoms and ask for tests.
For me a man wouldn't be compatible if he didn't test regularly and wear condoms.

Kate88
Verified Hot Wife

Unread post by Kate88 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:43 am

sadie wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:33 am

I probably put forward that 'nonsense' ;-) let me motivate the reasons to be tested! 4th gen HIV testing is accurate moderately fast:
The median window period is 18 days (interquartile range 13 to 24 days). This indicates that half of all infections would be detected between 13 and 24 days after exposure.
99% of HIV-infected individuals would be detectable within 44 days of exposure.
I get that and agree that testing is helpful, no doubt. But only if done appropriately, having abstained some time before testing, and willing not to have sex before results come back. Also doing a proper test, there's nearly 100 different types and subtypes of stds, some like hepatitis being much worse than hiv in my opinion. If all people were doing such mandatory test at least annually, world would be much better and happier place.

JMNBABE
Player

Unread post by JMNBABE » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:27 pm

Wife has 2 getting smaller all the time venereal warts from her "Black Only" 3 year hiatus......we consider them "badges of honor" and actually find them kind of sexy (weird, I know_ but they define her as a REAL SLUT during that timeframe) and we both realize how lucky she is that she did not get something much worse.....she was REALLY put of control by the end of it. Thought about having them burned off, but we never follow thru.

She also had sex with a Boss when she knew his wife had Herpes, and also used the wifes obviously recently used vibrator that she found under their bed once when housesitting for them......couldn't stop herself, she says. That was before she had sex with him and actually led to her having sex with him, she was sure it was his sperm on the vibrator when she used it and that made her want him all the more. Luckily she never got it from that!!

CW

wny3somecple
Experienced

Unread post by wny3somecple » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:38 am

Maybe a few colds

cpeater

Unread post by cpeater » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:35 pm

ABullNamedBlindMike wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:02 pm
Two of the fastest growing cancer diagnoses in the Western world? Anal-rectal in women and head, nose and throat in men. HPV is strongly thought to be the culprit.
Very true. The HPV vaccine is now approved for people over 26, which is new, and probably worth getting for people with higher-risk sexual lives, which would include a lot of us.

2inUPMichigan
VHW Admin

Unread post by 2inUPMichigan » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:51 pm

cpeater wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:35 pm
ABullNamedBlindMike wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:02 pm
Very true. The HPV vaccine is now approved for people over 26, which is new, and probably worth getting for people with higher-risk sexual lives, which would include a lot of us.
My understanding is that the HPV vaccine is now available to women 26-45. Not available to women over 45.

rabbit16
Virgin

Unread post by rabbit16 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:32 pm

We both got our hpv vaccine early 30's. We had to pay for it but before we started to play we thought it worth it for the cancer risk. Both Hep b Vaccinated as well. So far no STDs. But careful who we play with and more long term as well as with another couple so we don't have any limitations. But bare. One couple before that.

mcauleys
Virgin

Unread post by mcauleys » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:42 am

No STDs after 4-5 years of playing, although condoms are always used. We had a scare when one of her Bulls broke a condom mid-play (with none of us realising) as he fucked her in missionary for quite some time and ultimately shot his load into her.

I have a fantasy of her having a Bull boyfriend one day without need for condoms, but here in the UK it seems less than straightforward to get an STD health certificate. If anyone has gone through this process in the UK and can advise please comment.
UK 'Stag 'n Vixen' Couple

NorCalCouple1998
Virgin

Unread post by NorCalCouple1998 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:22 am

None yet. but we are pretty selective and careful, and take on new a new play partner a couple times a year. Been at it for over 20 years. Lucky? Maybe. Get tested regularly. Communication. Emphasize honesty. Use caution. We all know the risks.

LocutusBorg
Prepubescent

Unread post by LocutusBorg » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:55 pm

I never use condoms and have had 2 STDs, chlymidia and syphilis. Both cured. Got the HPV vaccine and take Prep.

I think the risk of STDs is majorly overblown. 2 in over 20 years of fucking bareback seems acceptable to me.

NorCalCouple1998
Virgin

Unread post by NorCalCouple1998 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:32 pm

LocutusBorg wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:55 pm
I never use condoms and have had 2 STDs, chlymidia and syphilis. Both cured. Got the HPV vaccine and take Prep.

I think the risk of STDs is majorly overblown. 2 in over 20 years of fucking bareback seems acceptable to me.

:o :o :o :shock: