I need to write and hopefully get people to respond. Long Sorry.

For hotwives and the men who adore them.
solstice
OHW Addict

Re: I need to write and hopefully get people to respond. Long Sorry.

Unread post by solstice » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:34 am

It may not have escaped your notice,that I ask a lot of questions, and make more than my share of insolent queries, would you like me to put those on the back burner, and give you some breathing space until your life settles down?

willingtoo
$2 Ho

Unread post by willingtoo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:34 am

Good Morning,

I have an appointment with my therapist next week. I am looking forward to expressing my concerns and get her opinion. She practices Cognitive Therapy and generally ask me questions so I hopefully come to my own conclusions, but she also expresses her opinion on certain things.

I continue to think about Anthony and so does Mike. We had sex last night and we both were obsessed with fantasies about Anthony. Both of us were so turned on that we each had multiple orgasms. I will not give in to temptation and schedule a meeting with him. Not until I get myself figured out and I'm not obsessing about him.

Mike is taking pictures of my legs and feet tonight or tomorrow to post in the Hotties section. I know most of you aren't into feet in the least, but it's the only thing I am willing to post. There will be some kind of sign saying Carrie and the date so you will know they are authentic pictures of my legs and feet. That's the best I can or am willing to do. Maybe some of you can give him specific instructions.

Mike said he will not post until he is certain they are cleaned of digital info. from the camera and he's not sure how to do that so the date on the pictures may be from today or tomorrow but posted Friday.

Meanwhile I am really getting into Holiday plans. We checked into having the outdoor lights put up by pros. and even though it's a bit expensive, we scheduled them to be put up next week just before Thanksgiving. We both like the idea of a Mardi Gras themed open house 4 -5 weeks after New Years. People will be partied out until then.

Carrie

solstice
OHW Addict

Unread post by solstice » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:23 am

Hi Mike,
Looking forward to seeing your photographic magic of the delightful Carrie
I would imagine you may have read all the helpful information on posting photos, and the advice on keeping your photos safe on the Hotties section: Perversely I almost enjoy fully clothed photos with a hint of tease than nudes, although personal preferences would be well down the list of your photos.

sadie

Unread post by sadie » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:41 am

Carrie, glad you're taking the time for healing, finding balance.

Photos: i certainly don't need any proof of your feet being you for my part I'd say post at most one as you described and let the rest be just your feet. I know I want most to see you posed on the sectional and certainly it's specific enough to count as a verification data point on its own.

Clearing metadata from your images: location, camera etc are stored in a jpeg standard format called EXIF. Most image editing software will clear EXIF, if you happen to use Android phones the app "image shrink lite" is free and definitely clears EXIF. You can also find EXIF viewers that will verify whether the metadata has been cleared.

Also ohw has a limit on file size, I think it's 80kB. The best compromise I've found has been to save at jpg 85% quality, which allows a moderately.large image within that file size ... if you save at 95% quality you'll be able to store not much more than a thumbnail.

Best,

S

SutterKane
OHW Addict

Unread post by SutterKane » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:25 am

Try Irfanview. It will do what you need, it's free and no spyware/malware but it is for PC's
"Women and cats will do as they please,and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea"-Robert Heinlein
"Gratitude is riches and complaint is poverty and the worst I ever had was wonderful"Bro. Dave Gardner
Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!

willingtoo
$2 Ho

Unread post by willingtoo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:52 am

Good morning,

I am working from home today and stopped to write because I an having trouble concentrating. I am usually pretty good at compartmentalizing my thinking, but I really need to write this entry that I am sharing with you guys.

Mike is planning on taking some pictures of my feet tonight. Then he has to clean the EXIF information before he posts them here. Not many of you care about my feet, but it's better than nothing I guess. Even though we'd like to, I just can't feel comfortable about posting anything more.

I've been reading a lot about my issues and finding lots of information. I want to know as much as I can before seeing my therapist next week. I am determined to be as honest with her as I can because it's necessary if she is to help me. I found a lot on the topic "Extra Marital Affairs and Sexual addiction." Here is something I cut and pasted from a source and it's just the tip of the iceberg.

One of the seven different types of affairs – I can’t say no – is very closely associated with sexual addiction. In this type of affair, the partner who is engaging in the extramarital affair does not find it easy to say no to, especially when it comes to sex, and feels, instead, a duty to say yes even when he or she doesn’t want to.

Extramarital affairs that are caused by sexual addiction are different from the other types because those who are sexually addicted sometimes feel like they don’t have a choice but to act on their impulses, which is what makes this type that much more complicated.

I am finding that there is much more on the topic. Apparently I'm not unique. Mike has been reading with me and ordered a book from Amazon that should arrive today titled " Insatiable Wives and the Men that Love them." Have any of you read it?

I have always tried to be honest with myself and the last episode with Aaron and my wanting to continue with Anthony right away is not normal. I have become addicted. I am obsessed with Anthony and I know that isn't normal. I don't care about the other men, not one of them. I could never see them again and be fine with it. But for some reason Anthony has me hooked. He has everything that turns me on.

I read several times that communication is absolutely necessary for the HW Lifestyle to work. Mike and I have excellent communication. When I say we are in this together I am not exaggerating. We hide nothing from each other. According to what I have read, we fit the profile of a couple that can make it work and have it enhance our marriage.

I am stopping here because I need to write more and I'm not willing to share some of it with you yet. Maybe never.

I'll be posting more than I thought. Not juicy details, but this part of our journey is absolutely necessary whether we continue or not.

Carrie

sadie

Unread post by sadie » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:51 pm

Carrie, in clinical terms 'sexual addiction' is not a thing (it's been considered for inclusion in the DSM by the American Psychiatric Association and hasn't been because there's no good evidence) -- that's why in an earlier comment I noted that sure, we can be obsessive about really intense sex, quite possibly to the point of some harm, however this doesn't come anywhere near to the mechanism of things that are biochemically addictive. It would be fair to compare a compulsion for sex to the compulsion felt by marathon runners. Both tie into the brain's reward mechanisms by releasing endorphins and dopamine.

By contrast substance addictions also tie into brain chemistry, however in very different ways. Opiates bind to the same receptors as our endogenous endorphins and cause the body to produce less, hence when deprived of the drug there is the well known strong withdrawal response. Methamphetamine may be even worse in that it causes the body / central nervous system to forget how to produce dopamine and the damage is fairly long lasting so someone coming off of meth can look forward to months of chemically induced depression until the body learns again to make this essential neurotransmitter.

After intense sex or BDSM play, there are some similar feelings, however the mechanism is not the same. We refer to it as sub-drop or bottom-drop which is what happens after extended S&M or sex play ... you return to the normal world and suddenly you're back at your normal levels of endogenous dopamine and endorphins. The world looks kinda bland for a day or two, that's about as bad as it gets clinically. Again, long distance runners and athletes generally experience something very similar. If you get too obsessive about it then sure you can lose sight of other life priorities. I've know people to lose jobs because they became so obsessed with their new sex lives that they lose interest in work and stop performing well. I don't think that's you and I do think like long-term athletes, you get used to knowing there will be some feeling a little bland in the days after really intense play. I know I simply remind myself "Oh yeah, it's bottom-drop (or top-drop, happens to dominants also)" .. because I know to expect it, it's not a big deal for me.

I personally don't think you've gone that far, however my $0.02 isn't the point, if you feel you've gone overboard and need to change something then you do. I will say, don't be hung up on the ideas of what's "normal". Gays and lesbians used to be seen as abnormal in a bad way and in some places that's still a prevailing attitude. Guess what? We do tend to have more experimental sex lives than straight people, I'm completely happy about that, I have no more desire to be vanilla again than I do to start dating men. It's also not that I don't enjoy vanilla sex with some women, vanilla is a wonderful flavor too!

I found the page you pulled the two paragraphs from, I think it's BS and that therapist has a lot if ideas about affairs and 'sex addiction' I think are completely wrong.

The Insatiable Wives book is another matter. One problem I see with it is that it's heavily based on interviews with members of this site (it's right there in the first few pages). A while back I had called up a copy in our library but never got around to picking it up. The author btw, is a clinical psychologist who has made strong arguments against the concept of 'sex addition'.

Probably worth a read, however I think you and Mike have already learned more than the author has to offer.

Ok, enough for tonight, there's a lecture coming up I want to attend and I need to spruce myself up after a long day of work.

<3 <3

S

SutterKane
OHW Addict

Unread post by SutterKane » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:13 pm

Carrie, Insatiable Wives is a very good book. I shared it with my wife back when we started this journey. Though I don't think much of "Sex addiction" itself. You might feel the same intensity from sky diving or public sex. It's like say "I'm a dopamine addict", thing is, most of us are. Thats why novelty plays such a large part in our lives.
"People with low dopamine activity may also be more prone to addiction. The presence of a certain kind of dopamine receptor is associated with sensation-seeking, more commonly known as risk taking."
psychologytoday(DOT)com/us/basics/dopamine
psychologytoday(DOT)com/us/blog/all-about-sex/201811/embers-back-flames-the-erotic-power-sexual-novelty
"Women and cats will do as they please,and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea"-Robert Heinlein
"Gratitude is riches and complaint is poverty and the worst I ever had was wonderful"Bro. Dave Gardner
Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!

aguy4pleasure
Player

Unread post by aguy4pleasure » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:32 pm

sadie wrote:Carrie, in clinical terms 'sexual addiction' is not a thing (it's been considered for inclusion in the DSM by the American Psychiatric Association and hasn't been because there's no good evidence) -- that's why in an earlier comment I noted that sure, we can be obsessive about really intense sex, quite possibly to the point of some harm, however this doesn't come anywhere near to the mechanism of things that are biochemically addictive. It would be fair to compare a compulsion for sex to the compulsion felt by marathon runners. Both tie into the brain's reward mechanisms by releasing endorphins and dopamine.

By contrast substance addictions also tie into brain chemistry, however in very different ways. Opiates bind to the same receptors as our endogenous endorphins and cause the body to produce less, hence when deprived of the drug there is the well known strong withdrawal response. Methamphetamine may be even worse in that it causes the body / central nervous system to forget how to produce dopamine and the damage is fairly long lasting so someone coming off of meth can look forward to months of chemically induced depression until the body learns again to make this essential neurotransmitter.

After intense sex or BDSM play, there are some similar feelings, however the mechanism is not the same. We refer to it as sub-drop or bottom-drop which is what happens after extended S&M or sex play ... you return to the normal world and suddenly you're back at your normal levels of endogenous dopamine and endorphins. The world looks kinda bland for a day or two, that's about as bad as it gets clinically. Again, long distance runners and athletes generally experience something very similar. If you get too obsessive about it then sure you can lose sight of other life priorities. I've know people to lose jobs because they became so obsessed with their new sex lives that they lose interest in work and stop performing well. I don't think that's you and I do think like long-term athletes, you get used to knowing there will be some feeling a little bland in the days after really intense play. I know I simply remind myself "Oh yeah, it's bottom-drop (or top-drop, happens to dominants also)" .. because I know to expect it, it's not a big deal for me.

I personally don't think you've gone that far, however my $0.02 isn't the point, if you feel you've gone overboard and need to change something then you do. I will say, don't be hung up on the ideas of what's "normal". Gays and lesbians used to be seen as abnormal in a bad way and in some places that's still a prevailing attitude. Guess what? We do tend to have more experimental sex lives than straight people, I'm completely happy about that, I have no more desire to be vanilla again than I do to start dating men. It's also not that I don't enjoy vanilla sex with some women, vanilla is a wonderful flavor too!

I found the page you pulled the two paragraphs from, I think it's BS and that therapist has a lot if ideas about affairs and 'sex addiction' I think are completely wrong.

The Insatiable Wives book is another matter. One problem I see with it is that it's heavily based on interviews with members of this site (it's right there in the first few pages). A while back I had called up a copy in our library but never got around to picking it up. The author btw, is a clinical psychologist who has made strong arguments against the concept of 'sex addition'.

Probably worth a read, however I think you and Mike have already learned more than the author has to offer.

Ok, enough for tonight, there's a lecture coming up I want to attend and I need to spruce myself up after a long day of work.

<3 <3

S

Great post sadie. I agree 100 % about your take on sexual addiction. While there are individuals you engage in compulsive sexual activity that seem unable to control their habits, the mechanisms involved are quite different. I personal and professionally get tired of people pathologizing otherwise normal human activity.

Carrie, the same man who wrote "Insatiable Wives..." also wrote a book entitled "The Myth of Sexual Addiction." I would encourage you and anyone else interested in the topic to read it. I have read both books and attended a seminar led by the author. He knows his stuff.

Favordod
Prepubescent

Unread post by Favordod » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:00 pm

Carrie and Mike, I’m new here and read all 38 pages that you two have been posted.

After all the experiences you two have had, I’m curious to know what advice you would have to new people looking at this lifestyle?

You two started with a friend and then a friend of a friend. I’m curious, was it awkward with your friend at first? If you didn’t have any friends close by, where do you think you might find partners? Sure there’s the Foot group, but anything else?

Thanks so much for sharing your journey. I’ve learned a lot through all of your posts together, as to what the woman feels (mentally and physically), as well as the man.

willingtoo
$2 Ho

Unread post by willingtoo » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:03 pm

Good Evening,

Throughout this thread I have been very honest about everything but one truth. Something long before I met Mike. Much of what has happened with me can be much more easily explained (not excused) if I reveal this one thing I have not been truthful about, not even to myself. I have been reading all day and I realize that if I don't tell the truth, some of this doesn't make sense. I've ignored it as a cause. If not a cause, it certainly is a big contributor to the way I have behaved. Certainly the way I have in the last few episodes if not everything since last April.

I'm sorry, but I'm not ready tonight to explain because I don't have my thoughts together. I'm sure some of, if not all of you can pretty much guess. I will not be offended if you guess and post. I will write tomorrow and post. I'm not sure when.

Carrie
Last edited by willingtoo on Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

SutterKane
OHW Addict

Unread post by SutterKane » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:37 pm

Carrie, you move in your own time and at your own pace. You have a lot of love here for both Mike and you. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is be brutally honest with yourself. We'll be here for you every time you need us to be.
Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!

solstice
OHW Addict

Unread post by solstice » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:07 pm

Dear Carrie,
Your honesty has shone out of those pages more than any other that I have read: when you told of the seduction of your adult cousin,you didn't sensationalize it and you placed no blame on him,and who among us would have resisted your advances? I had similar dreams about an older female cousin, would I have made a move? never, she was not that friendly towards me, but she was at the top of the list for wank material. Who then does it leave!

bubbajack

Unread post by bubbajack » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:22 pm

You are a real writer, Carrie - and real writing, as you know, is self-revelatory if it is anything at all.

I am not talking about being "outed", which isn't going to happen because your skills will control that.

I am referring to that gift to the page of an author's true and inward self through art.

This is what gives real writing its great value, for the author, for readers and for the world that the author and readers share and continually re-create with what has been written and read as part of it all.

Best to you and Mike. I also recommend holding a good thought for Aaron, who seems to be in the toils of a long, painful course of futility in his search for satisfaction. It's just too bad that the pain and futility will involve others, due to his economic power :(

shall54
Experienced

Unread post by shall54 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:19 pm

Carrie, I agree with everyone, share with us when and how much you feel comfortable with. Of course we are all interested with what you have to say, but those who care will be patient.

hotwifelover31

Unread post by hotwifelover31 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:33 am

You’ll have our non-judgmental support and understanding, Carrie, if and when your ready to share your secret with us. I commend you for putting the brakes on yours and Mike’s extracurricular activities and delving into the emotional and psychological aspects of your sexual desires, indulgences and cravings. Your authenticity throughput your journey has been what most captivated me. Be kind and gentle to yourself.

Happyjohnson
Pervert

Unread post by Happyjohnson » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:05 pm

Carrie, if what you have been hiding and ignoring from your self is too painful to share with the rest of us Please don't! You don't owe any one here anything at all and if your outing something from you past will be harmful to either you or Mike, don't do it. You don't know or owe the people on this site anything at all - you are all important both in your own life and for Mike, we are nothing!
Please take care.
Happy

hotwifelover31

Unread post by hotwifelover31 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:12 am

Happyjohnson wrote:Carrie, if what you have been hiding and ignoring from your self is too painful to share with the rest of us Please don't! You don't owe any one here anything at all and if your outing something from you past will be harmful to either you or Mike, don't do it. You don't know or owe the people on this site anything at all - you are all important both in your own life and for Mike, we are nothing!
Please take care.
Happy
I concur with Happy...if it’s too painful share, we’ll understand. Many of us have been almost as consumed and aroused with yours and Mike’s intoxicatingly and intensely arousing immersion into your shared wife journey as you allowed yourself to explore. You’re emotional well being is what many of us care most about, Carrie. We don’t expect or need anything more than that.

willingtoo
$2 Ho

Unread post by willingtoo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:15 am

Good Morning,

Sorry I dropped that Bomb and left you hanging, but I have been doing a lot of self reflection and trying to get my thoughts together.

I was abused as a young girl by an older cousin. In an early post I wrote about it but it was more that I admitted. I was 14 not 16 and he was 28. The first time I have always felt at least partly at fault. I was very flirty and starting to become aware of my sexuality.

I won't go into much detail just basics, but I do need to describe the first time because I have always felt at least partly responsible.

He was "Baby Sitting" a younger boy cousin and me. The younger boy went to bed and I put on a short teddy type night wear and was showing off for him dancing making sure he noticed me. I ended up laying on the couch where he was sitting with my feet near his leg. There is no doubt I was teasing him. He started at my feet, worked his way up to my panties, removed them and fucked me in the missionary position. I had no idea what I was doing or why except I was feeling sexual urges by 14. I just let him do what he wanted. I was a virgin but didn't have much trouble taking him. A little pain I remember.

After he made me promise I'd never tell and I assured him I wouldn't. He said if I did he would deny it and I would get in a lot of really bad trouble and it would ruin the family. No more details are necessary.

It was far from the only time. He was able to isolate me at various times and take me again. He was always on top of me controlling me physically. The family trusted him with my cousins and me many times, so there were occasions when he could manipulate things to get me alone. No need for details. I guess when a man wants to do that he finds a way.

It probably happened at least 10-12 more times until I was 16 or so when he stopped. So it wasn't every week or even every month. He always warned me about telling, and I never did.

I always took blame because of the first time. I always told myself it was my fault which of course it wasn't.

As I got older, my sexuality continued to develop and at 18 I was ready to have sex again. It didn't impede my interest in sex. Even then I had a very strong libido. I never became promiscuous, but I did have sex in my senior year and the summer after. In college I was a member of a high status sorority and it was clear that we were expected to be very discrete about sex. At that time it meant a lot to me to be in that sorority because of it's high status. I did have sex but only with boyfriends and not nearly as much as I wanted. I was frustrated and did a few crazy things like the late night walk alone and others I haven't written about.

After college I took the teaching job and again was careful about my reputation. Again I had sex with a few guys but I was very careful with who I did. My sexual drive was as strong as ever, but I fantasized and masturbated a lot.

When I quit teaching I began to date a lot more guys. They were almost always alpha but not in a good way. They were jerks but that's the kind that turned me on. I went from one guy to another, each time being treated with no respect. Several were verbally abusive and physically as well. I let them get away with way too much but always went back for more of the same. I probably had sex with at least 20 -25 guys during that period of 5 years. Most more than once, trying to find a relationship with all the wrong guys.

By the time I met Mike, I had had it with the jerks and I realized that he was the type of man I wanted to be with.

I will continue with how my relationship with Mike evolved later. Maybe tomorrow. I just had to get that out and on paper before my therapy session on Tuesday. I feel better now that it's out. It's a start. I think I have revealed enough for here. There is more but there is no need to share publicly. The rest is between me, Mike and my therapist and unless there is a reason to explain more I will leave it at this

Carrie
Last edited by willingtoo on Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

SutterKane
OHW Addict

Unread post by SutterKane » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:57 am

Not sure what to say, so I'll shut up. Be strong.
Love and best wishes to you both,
Sutter
Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!

RetiredSnowbird
Pervert

Unread post by RetiredSnowbird » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:13 am

Carrie, I hope that this will be interpreted as support for what you are going through.

A few years back I began a relationship with a woman in her 30s who first began having sex when she was either 13 or 14 years old. As it turns out she was raped by her older cousin (I think she said he was 17 at the time) and forced into oral sex. Although she had tried to say no, he both overpowered her and threatened her to keep quiet. He then made her submit to him on other occasions and even forced her to service his buddies. This continued for at least a year.

She ended up hating him, and rightfully so, for what he did to her, but at the same she developed a strong need to engage primarily in oral sex with men she met and later in life. He was very good at manipulating her into thinking she must have done something to encourage what happened. She admitted that he "rewired" her brain. I only wish that he could have faced justice for what he did (although he was not legally an adult when it happened). She never saw him again but heard from family members that he had done similar things to underage girls after he became an adult. Later on he was killed in a car accident.

The fact that you may have flirted with him does not justify what he, as an adult, did to you. It's important to realize that you are not alone in what happened and that the vast majority of people here feel badly for what you went through. God bless.

willingtoo
$2 Ho

Unread post by willingtoo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:05 pm

Hey,

I feel like I have opened a Pandora's Box of problems for myself and Mike. Not only was I not honest with myself, but Mike never knew the extent of my abuse or the t1otal picture of the type of men I dated before him. I convinced him that it was in my past and I had resolved everything so fantasizing was just fine and it turned me on. I was fine. I also was not honest with my therapist when I went to her for help with the Hot Wife Fantasies.

It was fun and just role play until Aaron. I truly enjoyed it. Everything had been a choice until Aaron went way too far.

Now Mike is beating himself up and is very upset and angry with me for not being honest about my past. He is right to be upset. He is still supportive and working through this with me as much as he can. But as usual, he is right by my side. What a mess. what makes it worse is that I am still obsessing over Anthony. We had sex last night and I still wanted to fantasize about him. Mike went along but I know he has concerns. We both had two orgasms.

This will not be resolved easily and I will keep you posted as much as I can. Writing is real therapy for me and even though I don't really know any of you, it is a little comfort to share with you people. You are my sounding board and I feel safe here.

Everyone including us, thought Mike and Carrie had the perfect HW relationship. Maybe not.

Carrie

sadie

Unread post by sadie » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Carrie I'll write in more detail when I can later, just now need to say you are perfect just as you are. You guys will weather this, it's ok for Mike to be shaken, sorry it happened of course :-(. The thing is this kind of thing doesn't come out easy, doesn't find a convenient time.

I have no idea where you'll wind up. I think it's entirely ok if you decide to call yourself done with non monogamy, just take a break for some distance and reflection or come back to it asap.

It will be your choice and if you're questioning your decisions now, that's ok too. For my part I think you're doing fine. You're deep in the weeds now, you won't stay there.

<3 <3

S

solstice
OHW Addict

Unread post by solstice » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:26 pm

I hope you didn't find my PM too trivial, it may not be the right time for my attempted humour, I thought you both were coping well, just shows I was miss reading the situation.