What percentage of married couples have tried non-monogamous sexual activities with others?

For hotwives and the men who adore them.
Wesley Hudson Valley
Pervert

What percentage of married couples have tried non-monogamous sexual activities with others?

Unread post by Wesley Hudson Valley » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:45 pm

From causal observation and knowledge of what some of your married friends have admitted, what percentage of married couples have experimented at least once with the consent of their spouse to have sex with another person or people?

From threesomes to swinging to the Hotwife Lifestyle my wife and I guesstimate at least 10 percent of couples have spiced up their marriage by having another man or woman in their sex life all with full consent of the husband and wife, not counting cheating in this general question.

Over the years some of the married husbands and wives we know have admitted to my wife or I trying for example a one time threesome, interesting the threesomes we know of were alll MFM.

Other times when my wife and I were attending an on site swing venue we have bumped into a few of our married couple friends

My wife and I guesstimate about 10 percent or more of married couples have tried consensual non monogamous sex

Your experiences and estimates?

BT2
Experienced

Re: What percentage of married couples have tried non-monogamous sexual activities with others?

Unread post by BT2 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:31 pm

My wife and I have both had sex with others, as part of her being a hotwife for many years, me for some time being an fb, as well as MFM and FMF threesomes, and the rare couples/couples experience.

However, I believe that some of us in this activity come to think that it is more common or more acceptable than it really is. We have had two occasions where we thought we had really hit it off with another couple, made a sexual approach, and both times it quickly ended the friendship before any sexual activity took place.

SilverStag
OHW Addict

Re: What percentage of married couples have tried non-monogamous sexual activities with others?

Unread post by SilverStag » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:39 pm

The 10% number is in line with what I have heard about people participating in non-monogamous activities as a whole, not just HW, and not necessarily ethical exchanges.

isinlarsa
OHW Addict

Unread post by isinlarsa » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:17 pm

From my personal experience, 100 per cent.

MarknSusan
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by MarknSusan » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:18 am

I have always been curious why Susan and I are wired for non monogamy.

As a result, we have participated in two university studies and I have done a fair amount of reading and research on NM.

There have been several studies on NM people over the years and newer studies suggest NM is becoming somewhat more acceptable, but sadly, there is still a stigma by some judgmental people about being NM.

If I recall correctly, about 5% of the population is NM, however about 35% of the population has experienced some sort of NM experience at some point in their lives.

Something I found to be interesting is that a more recent study shows that about 50% of the population would favor being in a NM relationship. Regardless of how people may judge us, we don’t really care. We are who we are and have had an amazing life together and have shared experiences with others that has kept the fire burning for us.

Now we are in our 60’s and still having the times of our lives at it.

Cdncuck
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by Cdncuck » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:37 am

Don't know that there's any way to accurately know. The simple reason is people lie. I've read that about 10% of the population might try something like non-monogamous relationship.
In our personal experience the percentage is much higher but we've been associating with swingers and other people involved in non-monogamous relationships since our early 20s. We're not your average couple.

MarknSusan
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by MarknSusan » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:56 pm

Zorro posted a link in the misc section about this.

how-many-americans-prefer-nonmonogamy-relationship

You can copy and paste in a google search and it should provide a link for you

trecital
OHW Addict

Unread post by trecital » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:48 pm

From one article:

"University of Colorado scientists asked 4,800 married women about infidelity during the previous year using both face-to-face interviews and an anonymous questionnaire. In the interviews, only 1 percent admitted it, in the anonymous questionnaire, 6 percent."

From the same article:

"Since Kinsey’s studies in the late 1940s, credible estimates of heterosexual Americans’ lifetime infidelity have been all over the map— for men, 12 to 72 percent, for women, 7 to 54 percent."

Not sure whether you want to make a distinction between "non-monogamous sexual activity with others", and infidelity in general.

tractorman2
Pervert

Unread post by tractorman2 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:15 am

I suspect you will get a high percentage here, ive been a cuck all my adult life and so enjoy seeing my wife and cuckoldress with another man.

Wesley Hudson Valley
Pervert

Unread post by Wesley Hudson Valley » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:32 am

From my wife’s private conversations with her married female friends who had talked about and considered having a MFM threesome with their husband, the number one reason they do not go through with it is…

The wife is worried their his husband will become jealous during the threesome or think of them poorly after the fact.

Sadly this holds many wives back from having a MFM threesome with their husband

veub
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by veub » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:23 am

MarknSusan wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:18 am
I have always been curious why Susan and I are wired for non monogamy.

As a result, we have participated in two university studies and I have done a fair amount of reading and research on NM.

There have been several studies on NM people over the years and newer studies suggest NM is becoming somewhat more acceptable, but sadly, there is still a stigma by some judgmental people about being NM.

If I recall correctly, about 5% of the population is NM, however about 35% of the population has experienced some sort of NM experience at some point in their lives.

Something I found to be interesting is that a more recent study shows that about 50% of the population would favor being in a NM relationship.
Regardless of how people may judge us, we don’t really care. We are who we are and have had an amazing life together and have shared experiences with others that has kept the fire burning for us.

Now we are in our 60’s and still having the times of our lives at it.
The numbers in all these studies do not distinguish between people who are married and people who are simply in a relationship, nor do they distinguish between those for whom it was a successful outcome or relationship-ending event.

Blackjack4724
Player

Unread post by Blackjack4724 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:24 pm

Wesley Hudson Valley wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:45 pm
From causal observation and knowledge of what some of your married friends have admitted, what percentage of married couples have experimented at least once with the consent of their spouse to have sex with another person or people?

From threesomes to swinging to the Hotwife Lifestyle my wife and I guesstimate at least 10 percent of couples have spiced up their marriage by having another man or woman in their sex life all with full consent of the husband and wife, not counting cheating in this general question.

Over the years some of the married husbands and wives we know have admitted to my wife or I trying for example a one time threesome, interesting the threesomes we know of were alll MFM.

Other times when my wife and I were attending an on site swing venue we have bumped into a few of our married couple friends

My wife and I guesstimate about 10 percent or more of married couples have tried consensual non monogamous sex

We belong to two swing groups here in town. One group has about 26 couples as members. The other is somewhere in the teens. It is our experience that more people than you think have tried or fantasized about non-monogamous sex.

We used to be so shocked at people that would show up as guests of a member that you wouldn’t have suspected in a million years that would be interested in threesomes, foursomes, or group sex. We say all the time nothing shocks us anymore but to answer your question, our opinion is, maybe more in the 20 percent range might be more accurate.

DaveS
Pervert

Unread post by DaveS » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:01 pm

I've done some research into this over the last few years. The general consensus seems to be that the percentage of the US population that is actively consensually non-monogamous is around 6-8%. This number would include all the various flavors of ethical, consensual non-monogamy - swinging, hotwifing, poly, generic open marriages, don't ask - don't tell, etc. I recently read a credible article that stated that about 20% of the US population has had at least one consensually non-monogamous experience in their lifetime.

Dream Weaver
Experienced

Unread post by Dream Weaver » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:30 pm

Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:45 pm

The stats - 9 "friends" with some "friends" actually being a couple. A friend is somebody who I can think of right now who I talk to regularly and I could go to their house to have dinner if it were physically possible (the Charles Barkley definition). This is honestly stuff that's happened over 30 years.

- 2 (I'll count a married couple as one friend.) did some swinging with one bending towards hotwifing. There was still cheating in the mix, but nothing the parties couldn't handle. Still married over two decades for both.

- 1 had a cheater 1st wife and a sort of hotwife, but neither marriage worked out, but the sort of hotwifing wasn't the divorce reason. Being a bad stepmom was the reason.

- 1 had a cheater wife who left him for a woman. I would have bought a video-camera at the time of confession. He got a divorce.

- 1 had cheater wife who was a disrespectful nightmare of a human. Got herself a nice case of oral herpes that my friend didn't get because he was done with her. Divorce

- 1 had a cheater husband, but he's gone legit (I think - you never really know). Wife tolerated it with a don't ask don't tell attitude. It was weird. Still married. Lovely couple, honestly. So sort of qualifies.

- 1 had a cheater wannabe wife, but she got rejected, confessed, husband gave her flowers and forgave her they are a great couple. But I suspect he might have a cuck tendency. The subject is verboten.

- 2 friends never did any swinging type stuff with their wives or S.O.'s, but 1 died of alcoholism and 1 is pretty much a homeless and broke forever-addict (so I guess I wouldn't really go to dinner with either of them)

So I'd say 2 out of 9 had consensual sex out of marriage. A bunch of cheaters with mostly bad results, but not all and 2 who were totally straight and ended up dead or homeless. Strangely the women were more likely to cheat than the guy, but I think there's some statistical trick (I'm not friends with the women, per se, and would my buddies really tell me?) related to that.

So don't do drugs or drink too much and let your spouse have fun kids. It's science.

Wesley Hudson Valley
Pervert

Unread post by Wesley Hudson Valley » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:11 am

My wife and I have become friends with the “event coordinator” of an on site swing club with a wide range of theme nights from interracial to hotwifing to gangbangs.

The event coordinator is a fun loving perky blonde and when we have asked her what is the most popular desire that first time husbands bringing their wife to the club have…her response without any hesitation is to have their wife have sex with another man. A very common fantasy to act out

isinlarsa
OHW Addict

Unread post by isinlarsa » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:47 am

Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:11 am
My wife and I have become friends with the “event coordinator” of an on site swing club with a wide range of theme nights from interracial to hotwifing to gangbangs.

The event coordinator is a fun loving perky blonde and when we have asked her what is the most popular desire that first time husbands bringing their wife to the club have…her response without any hesitation is to have their wife have sex with another man. A very common fantasy to act out
I had a co-worker who I became friendly with. That ended up with us swapping. Then he and I discovered we both enjoyed taking our women (his wife, my girlfriend) to a swing club to get them fucked by other men. He and I shared our women with each other, but at swing clubs only the woman got fucked.

Wesley Hudson Valley
Pervert

Unread post by Wesley Hudson Valley » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:50 am

Hello isinlarsa

My wife and I, and other couples had similar role play where only the wives would have sex at the swing clubs with other men and the husbands would watch only and have to wait their “turn” when they got back home or hotel room with their wife.

At the swing club my wife would pour her body into a body hugging spaghetti strapped mini dress, no bra or panties just high heels and makeup. Then during sex keep her dress on and just hike up the already short hemline. Sex with another man or men would be throughout the evening leaving me extremely turned on yet patient to be with my beautiful wife.

As we drove either to our hotel or back home I would pamper her like royalty and romance while she would tease me saying I wonder if I was going to get lucky with my own wife and taste and make love to her silky seconds

isinlarsa
OHW Addict

Unread post by isinlarsa » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:18 am

Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:50 am
Hello isinlarsa

My wife and I, and other couples had similar role play where only the wives would have sex at the swing clubs with other men and the husbands would watch only and have to wait their “turn” when they got back home or hotel room with their wife.

At the swing club my wife would pour her body into a body hugging spaghetti strapped mini dress, no bra or panties just high heels and makeup. Then during sex keep her dress on and just hike up the already short hemline. Sex with another man or men would be throughout the evening leaving me extremely turned on yet patient to be with my beautiful wife.

As we drove either to our hotel or back home I would pamper her like royalty and romance while she would tease me saying I wonder if I was going to get lucky with my own wife and taste and make love to her silky seconds
Was there a question if you were going to make love to your wife after you got back from the club where she was so thoroughly fucked?

In the circumstances I described, my friend and I would sit alone as men took our women to the third-floor orgy room that the club had. The people in the public part of the club would see our women taken away, and then returned, knowing he and I were playing the role of good cuckolds who were letting them be serviced by other men.

Parsifal
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by Parsifal » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:24 am

This is the kind of question that in litigation draws the stock objection, "Calls for Speculation." The answer above about studies with results "all over the map" makes this point too. Who's the sample, how's the survey phrased, how to control for untruthful responses, ect. - all bear on the validity of the results. All that said, I would speculate the number is growing and will continue to grow. My wild ass guess is 5 percent, mas or menos, somewhat more among Gen X and Millenials.

Wesley Hudson Valley
Pervert

Unread post by Wesley Hudson Valley » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:42 am

An “obstacle” to overcome or to work together with a wife in a non-monogamous marriage is being part of the cover story of where mom or your wife is when she is out on a date with another man.

They has been many nights where I have, for example taken the family out for a movie or dinner under the cover story mom is working late or visiting a friend when she is out on a date and having sex with another man.

I love the anticipation of waiting for my wife return a date lying in bed have her slowly get into next to me and ask her how her date went. Her typical reply is let your tongue find out what is buried deep yet leaking from my pussy