ENM makes the WSJ!!!

For hotwives and the men who adore them.
drwofwof
Virgin

ENM makes the WSJ!!!

Unread post by drwofwof » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:21 am

iloanmywife
Experienced

Re: ENM makes the WSJ!!!

Unread post by iloanmywife » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:02 am

drwofwof wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:21 am
https://www.wsj.com/lifestyle/relations ... y-85350ebb

Comments???
Leave it to the WSJ to focus on the logistics challenges of hotwifing, but it's true. Time is the biggest cock-block of them all. We'd love to play more than we do, but we don't have time for it these days. We barely have time for each other, let alone other men.
Husband and Cuckold of MrsILMW

leggysman
Pervert

Unread post by leggysman » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:26 am

Can't access the article. Although it can be exciting to enthusiasts of niche subjects, when they get attention from the wider world, it should probably not be welcomed.

I say 'niche' because, while the sharing kink seems to be common in men, the couples who actually do it as a practiced lifestyle seem more rare.

When niche things become mainstream 'fads' -- with everyone frantically trying to do it, just because it's the cool thing to do -- those things mostly get ruined for the existing enthusiasts. Imagine millions of unserious/inexperienced noobs showing up at lifestyle/swinger sites, clubs, parties etc? Trying to fit in, but ignoring etiquette, getting jealous, and making drama? If you ask me, I'd rather people have to want this, and seek it out, rather than follow the herd.

We wouldn't be particularly notable anymore, folks. We'd be the people who liked that band before everyone else did (but only the earlier albums! ;) ). And inevitably, there would be an eventual backlash, the cool kids would move on to something else, the fashion would die, and we'd be seen as the sad clingers-on to a dead fad. So uncool. :oops:

I know, I'm a snob, and I'm not sorry. :lol:

"It's my job to keep punk rock elite" - Fat Mike, NOFX

It would be interesting to hear from any survivors of the 70s swinging fad. The before, during, and after of it.
our hotwife story: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67232
leggysandy's pics: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=67265

MrsSizzlesHubby
Virgin

Unread post by MrsSizzlesHubby » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:09 pm

If you can’t access the article on WSJ, here is a mirror repost:

https://rightcoast.typepad.com/rightcoa ... g-wsj.html

wannabecUKold
Player

Unread post by wannabecUKold » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:56 pm

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/7a78 ... b33750f838

The Sunday Times here in the UK had a lengthy article last weekend about Molly Roden Winter’s book ‘More a memoir of open marriage’. I think the link is behind a paywall.
As with the WSJ, somehow the article manages to kill the fun and enjoyment and fulfilment of having sex with others. The comments on the article were very anti and missed the point, as if the wife was cheating.
But it is good to see the topic increasingly referred to in mainstream media. Hopefully it reflects a growing trend.

iloanmywife
Experienced

Unread post by iloanmywife » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:11 am

leggysman wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:26 am
Although it can be exciting to enthusiasts of niche subjects, when they get attention from the wider world, it should probably not be welcomed.
wannabecUKold wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:56 pm
But it is good to see the topic increasingly referred to in mainstream media. Hopefully it reflects a growing trend.
Two different takes from leggysman and wannabecUKold. I can see the merits of either point of view ("gatekeeper" vs "mainstreamer"), but for my money I'd prefer to keep hotwife/cuckold play a taboo. Maybe it's just me, but the taboo nature of it adds to the fun. "But, but...that's your wife!." :shock:
wannabecUKold wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:56 pm
The comments on the article were very anti and missed the point, as if the wife was cheating.
Yeah, that's pretty much the reaction I'd expect. Lots of huffing and puffing and "Won't someone please think of the children?" :lol:
Husband and Cuckold of MrsILMW

wannabecUKold
Player

Unread post by wannabecUKold » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:13 am

Hi Iloanmywife. I certainly understand the viewpoint of keeping the excitement of taboo. But for us wannabes our task would be made much easier without the standard response assertion ‘nobody else’s wife does it’.

Yes the ‘think of the children’ comment was out in force.

Allinfun
Experienced

Unread post by Allinfun » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:27 am

I have seen recent reporting that young people are supposedly increasingly adopting the open relationship model. I'm always skeptical of media pronouncements of trends. They seem mostly aimed at driving clicks.

Bobs52
Experienced

Unread post by Bobs52 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:46 pm

Interestingly enough, my wife who actually did earn her hotwife stripes by having a single wonderful encounter (more to come please) hosts, in conjunction with a major university in STL, an outreach to seniors who want a continuing education program. One of her classes is “Reading the Wall Street Journal”. I read it every day as well and directed her attention to this article and told her they should pick this article for discussion. She would be a GREAT discussion leader on this topic🤣.

Anyway, while talking about this tonight I said to my wife that they can call it polyamory, but it’s probably hotwifing in most instances. Who has a better chance of multiple partners: the guy that approaches a woman and says my wife is fine with it if I fuck you or the woman who approaches a man and says my husband is fine with it if I fuck you. Remember, we’re not talking about swinging here.

Apologies in advance to the polyamorous men out there who are routinely knocking it out of the park.