Carston Mather’s Erotic Book Reviews Thread

A niche for stories; fiction or non.
Mad Dog65

Re: Carston Mather’s Erotic Book Reviews Thread

Unread post by Mad Dog65 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:33 am

Very grateful for the excellent reviews from Carston and others. I wanted to ask if any of you have suggestions of stories that with the multidimensional theme of mature couple married for 20 + years finding the hotwife -wife sharing lifestyle with all the complexity life, kids, work, and friends.

MD

couple20uk

Unread post by couple20uk » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:05 am

Mad Dog65 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:33 am
Very grateful for the excellent reviews from Carston and others. I wanted to ask if any of you have suggestions of stories that with the multidimensional theme of mature couple married for 20 + years finding the hotwife -wife sharing lifestyle with all the complexity life, kids, work, and friends.

MD

I will happily recommend quietpaul's The 25 Year Itch which is free to read and is available on Lush Stories. Just search for quietpaul in the loving wife category. He only written this one story.

The story is slow paced and long. It is about a couple who have just celebrated their 25 year anniversary. Children have just left the nest and the wife realisation that she now has time and freedom to explore her sexual awakening. The story is told from the husbands point of view and it is set in the UK.

Mad Dog65

Unread post by Mad Dog65 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:23 am

Thanks for your suggestion! I will check it out.

caramy
Prepubescent

Unread post by caramy » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:39 am

Thank you for putting this list together. I'm always looking for a good erotic read and will definitely check them out. I am presently reading the classic novel: Madame Bovary by Flaubert (c.1851). I can't help but wonder whether Monsieur Charles Bovary (the husband) was a cuckold?

anonymister1948

Unread post by anonymister1948 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:01 pm

For an amazing story told by a best-selling author who doesn't write in the hotwife category (I really hope this changes!), read Tell Me Everything by Amy Hatvany. It has all the hotwife angst associated with this genre, hot sex scenes, well thought-out plot and sub-plots, and an ending that one doesn't see coming.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/496 ... Everything

TorontoCpl
Virgin

Unread post by TorontoCpl » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:14 pm

caramy wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:39 am
Thank you for putting this list together. I'm always looking for a good erotic read and will definitely check them out. I am presently reading the classic novel: Madame Bovary by Flaubert (c.1851). I can't help but wonder whether Monsieur Charles Bovary (the husband) was a cuckold?
Yes many times over. Flaubert describes the carriage bouncing around as she and her lover (the lawyer?) drive around the town.

coolpixel
Prepubescent

Unread post by coolpixel » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:38 am

this is an absolutely great thread.

i love books which are written from the women's POV and some of those you have reviewed are just those.

i will also recommend Brianna Skylark, who unfortunately writes short stories but they are great and, Sadie Somerton as well.

Max Sebastian's writing is awesome.

KTMoMo
Prepubescent

Unread post by KTMoMo » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:38 am

CarstonMathers wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:50 am
Filthy Vows and Twisted Marriage by Alessandre Torre - 5/5 and 4/5

Elle, the wife and main character in this series that starts with Filthy Vows, still stands as one of my favorite erotica characters and she really makes the first book a great read. She’s one of the more relatable and realistically written characters in the hotwife genre. And speaking of characters, I especially enjoyed the complete lack of an alpha/dominant/ass-hole/uber-fit/bro character for the wife to “lose control with”. I confess I'm getting a bit burned out on that archetype/formula.

As Torre writes romance novels in many genres, it’s not surprising that there’s more b-plot than average. So expect to read a lot about the lives of the two main characters outside of just their hotwife journey. I appreciated this and felt it made them tangible - by the time the writing gets fantastically down and dirty, the reader knows these characters. And knowing the character brings an emotional weight to a very hot ending. Also, this book is a slow burn from an erotic writing standpoint. The patience pays off though as the final chapters of this book can barely keep from spontaneously combusting. You will absolutely need to fuck or masturbate after reading them.

I wish I could say I like the sequel, “Twisted Marriage” just as much. Unfortunately, the second book completely lacks the emotional stakes of the first one that made it so hot. Instead it’s just a series of kinky vignettes that really don’t take the characters into any new places sexually or emotionally. If you fell in love with the characters of the first book, then by all means read the second. I highly recommend the first one with a 5/5, but I can only cautiously recommend the second with a 4/5.
This is an amazing recommendation! I love Alessandra Torre and never realized she'd tackled this subject. Straight into my TBR pile with these books!

shamed411bee
Virgin

Unread post by shamed411bee » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:52 am

I have to put in a plug for Tinto Selvaggio. His series' of books are amazing.

Luv2watchher
Experienced

Unread post by Luv2watchher » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:20 pm

CarstonMathers wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:46 pm
Rule Breaker by Phoebe Alexander - 5/5

Alexander usually writes more conventional romance novels and this is one of her very few ménage romance books as they are sometimes called. Expect a lot more B plot outside of the hotwife plot with fleshed out characters, non-sex related conflict, and writing that isn’t just filler between the chapters with sex. But let me tell ya, there’s plenty of sex and it’s fantastic. For me, hot sex in a book requires high emotional stakes and this one has it.

Athena, the book’s wife, brings us along on a journey where her anxiousness, hesitation, and release of control make the hot, dirty writing in this book all that hotter and dirtier. Not every reader will have the patience to follow along on everything going on outside the hotwifing, but for those who do, the payoff is well worth it. I also loved that Athena is a quite curvy wife, and not a twiggy CrossFit addict type that I often run into in this genre. (There's nothing wrong with the latter type character - I just personally have a thing for hourglass ladies.)

As close as I've ever read to a full on "romance" hotwife book. Well recommended 5/5.
I bought the book in softback from Amazon and thoroughly enjoyed the read. My only criticism, and it's a mild one, is that I thought the female protagonist should have had a more varied hotwife experience. Spoiler alert, she became emotionally involved with one lover and continued to love her husband. Strange to say, my wife thought the plot theme would be an interesting way to develop our own marriage.

traddis
Virgin

Unread post by traddis » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:07 pm

paying for books when the internet is full of free stories?

afagehi7

Unread post by afagehi7 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:49 am

traddis wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:07 pm
You get what you pay for

CarstonMathers

Unread post by CarstonMathers » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:49 pm

Okay, I'm finally going to necro this poor thread with something that strays a bit from norm. Historical hotwife erotica!

As Her Duke Desires by Viola Grey - 3/5

Well, other than being set in 1825, it doesn't stray too far from formula. Don't expect a lot of character development, but if you like breeches and petticoats with your hotwife threesomes, then you're in for a small treat. It's a short read (as well as being on Kindle unlimited), so give it a try. We don't usually see an intersection of hotwife erotica and historical erotica, so this alone makes it stand out. And Viola Grey writes hot sex scenes.

I'm going to get back to reviews of my favorite author for a bit, so a ranking of Kenny Wright's best books are next. Hope to have that up soon. All the Kenny Wright fans can easily guess what the top book will be...

nnjcpl2002
Experienced

Unread post by nnjcpl2002 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:44 pm

Hey Carston, you're back! Great! And thank you for all your dedicated effort to help us HW fans find the good stuff.
I'm an old man now. But with some wonderful hot wife experience in our own marriage. Remarkably, my darling was nicely done this very afternoon by a fellow about 20 years her junior. I was pleased to observe and to participate.

Please keep up the good work. Thanks.

CarstonMathers

Unread post by CarstonMathers » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:53 pm

Okay, so instead of ranking all the Kenny Wright books I decided to do something a bit different. Mainly because I discovered there are three books I haven't read yet. So let's keep it simple with a ranked top ten list of the wife main characters! Because why not. Obviously he's written more books than ten, so I'm leaving out a lot of wives as a result. I'm only linking the top five as that is the max number of links we can have in a post. NOTE, I'm not Kenny Wright or one of his writer friends as he and the rest of his gang all have accounts on OHW and lurk these forums.

Starting at ten and going to number one!

#10 Danielle from Just Watch Me
Poor Danielle simply suffers from the fact that Kenny Wright wrote many books better than this one and at the end of the day, it's kinda tricky to understand any of Danielle's decision making. Yeah, she's becomes a hotwife, yeah she enjoys it. But I don't feel like we get a lot more than that. She ticks a lot of hotwife fantasy boxes though, so she starts the list.

#9 Dana from The Wife I Didn't Know. A woman of mystery and kinky desires. I don't want to say a lot about Dana (because, well, that's the plot of book). But I feel like Kenny worked hard to give us a character different from wives he'd written previously. He succeeded.

#8 Heather from The Girlfriend Experience. I don't think it's a spoiler to say that Heather fucks for money in this book. It's kinda in the title. The fantasy of a wife acting like a hooker is a powerful one and Heather delivers deliciously on this fantasy. She certainly gets into the role!

#7 Rose from Rose Blooms
Sometimes I feel like Laura from Following Temptation and Rose are the same character. The books follow each other's formula pretty closely. But Rose is the cuter and I think more sensible of the two wives, so Rose gets onto this list and Laura doesn't make the cut.

#6 Emily from Because He's Watching/Ian's Obsession
Sometimes in these books, one wonders what the wife is doing married to some of these idiots. Emily, as sweet, smart and sexy as she is, could do much better than Ian. Fortunately for her she gets a fair amount of dick that isn't Ian's. So perhaps she sees what I see. Who knows. She does a strange 0-60 sort of transformation, but it's so hot who cares. A lot of points for her enthusiasm at the end of these books.

#5! Heather from the Bull's Eye series. I got super invested in Heather as a character in the first four books. Then Kenny has Heather lose most of her agency in the last book. The sexy thing about Heather is seeing such a tight, cool, smart controlled woman lose that control and fuck. But in the last book I feel like she loses her energy and just becomes a fuck object. She does some great, sexy scenes though and book two Heather is one of my favorite Kenny Write characters. So she's #5.

#4! Eleanor (Elie) from the Bull's Eye series. Absolutely, hands down the dirtiest and most sex crazed wife in his books. Elie does anything and everyone while relishing every second of it. She's pretty cartoonish though and difficult to take seriously as a character. She's sort of an ecchi anime fan service character. Oh man she does some crazy shit. Love her.

#3! Nicole from Separated with Benefits. I'm making Nicole number three because she's just an awesome person. Not Kenny's dirtiest or most adventurous wife, but she's got her shit together and carries this plot in spite of her idiot husband. The plot makes her exhibitionism a little too convenient, but that's ok. I love this book and have read it many times. It's a slow burn for a while which really builds us up as we learn more about Nicole. Instead of following her journey, we get to slowly peel back the layers of what's already happened - a different formula in a genre that's notorious for re-using tropes to death.

#2! Katie from Something Forbidden and Nothing Forbidden. I have a huge crush on Katie as she is so closely my "type". She really gives the #1 wife in this list tight competition and I came close to putting her #1. She's that fantastic. Of all of Kenny's 'wives', Katie gets the most character development and strongest plot arc. We really get to see her believably grow into a wife wanting to take on three guys at once (apologies for the spoiler), which she does spectacularly. Her combo of strength and vulnerability make her really, really hot when she's got a dick inside her belonging to someone other than her husband. Also I just love this series - one of Kenny's best.

#1! Of course it's Erin from Training to Love it 1-3. Ah Erin. Let's do a quick inventory of our favorite anal-loving size queen. She enjoys BDSM, exhibitionism, DPs, other women, and tormenting her husband. I hope someday Kenny does a short story compilation of scenes from previous books told from other points of view. And I really hope that compilation includes Erin telling a few parts of the story. Training to Love it is hands down the best Hotwife series ever written, so it only seems natural that Erin would be top of this list. (BTW, much like the original Star Wars trilogy, #2 is the best of the three.)

CarstonMathers

Unread post by CarstonMathers » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:36 pm

Okay, new review. I've been some Max Sebastion lately, so I'll hit a few. I'll start with my must reads.

MUST READ: A Killer of a One Night Stand: The Complete Series
Fantastic! Is it possible to effectively weave a murder mystery into a lifestyle book? Apparently yes, because Max Sebastion pulls it off perfectly in this series. Soooo much raunchy sex of soooo many types - all of it fits, nothing feels out of place. The main female supporting character could have been given some more depth and complexity, but that's a minor criticism of an otherwise truly excellent book series.

MUST READ: Conference Season
While this short novel follows a well trodden formula, it does it very, very well. Super hot. I love that a lot of the communication is over texts.

MUST READ: She Could Have Been His
Short story. Anything I say will spoil it. Let's just say it hits a particular fetish in hotwifing and it's superbly executed.

PRETTY GOOD: The Game
I enjoyed it, but something felt missing. Maybe it didn't have the emotional stakes needed for a hotwife novel. Maybe the plot mechanism felt to contrived. I don't know. I liked it, I recommend it, but it's not as good as the three above.

GOOD NOT GREAT: The Madeleine Trilogy
This one just never really took off for me. A good read for people really into head games. Maybe better as a shorter, single book

GOOD NOT GREAT: Obsessive
This series starts out with a very cool premise and a completely original formula for this genre. It felt very fresh and interesting. Fascinating, complex characters that are very well developed. Loved book one. Book two was okay. I did not get the point of book three. A good series that started great and finished not so great.

JUST OKAY: heidi, corrupted
Just go read Separated with Benefits by Kenny Wright instead.

couple20uk

Unread post by couple20uk » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:34 am

Thank you, for continuing your erotic book review thread posts, Carston. They are both informative and (IMHO) accurate.

While I have not read all the Max Sebastion books you have reviewed I do agree with what you say about, "The Madeline Trilogy." I read it recently and enjoyed it but it could have been better.

In your previous reviews, spot on with your reviews on "Training for Love" and "Something Forbidden." Though, I personally struggled with reading "Bull's Eye." A brave attempt at writing a book through the eyes of a bull lover. Also expensive if you purchase the whole series.

DavidSilver
Virgin

Unread post by DavidSilver » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:34 am

One day, I have to finish "A Killer of a One Night Stand". It dragged on in some parts.

One Sebastian book I have to add: "Marriage 2.0: Season One". That's just a fantastic and so well written book. For me, that's his best.

CarstonMathers

Unread post by CarstonMathers » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:41 am

couple20uk wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:34 am
Thank you, for continuing your erotic book review thread posts, Carston. They are both informative and (IMHO) accurate.

While I have not read all the Max Sebastion books you have reviewed I do agree with what you say about, "The Madeline Trilogy." I read it recently and enjoyed it but it could have been better.

In your previous reviews, spot on with your reviews on "Training for Love" and "Something Forbidden." Though, I personally struggled with reading "Bull's Eye." A brave attempt at writing a book through the eyes of a bull lover. Also expensive if you purchase the whole series.
Yeah, it's telling that I've re-read "Training for Love" and "Something Forbidden" a few times, but I don't think I've ever gone back and re-read the Bull's Eye series. The Forbidden series really stands out in this genre. I have such a huge crush on Katie.

CarstonMathers

Unread post by CarstonMathers » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:45 am

DavidSilver wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:34 am
One day, I have to finish "A Killer of a One Night Stand". It dragged on in some parts.

One Sebastian book I have to add: "Marriage 2.0: Season One". That's just a fantastic and so well written book. For me, that's his best.
I think, for me, "A Killer of a One Night Stand" hit a sweet spot as I consume huge amounts of cozies both in print and on TV. If it's on Britbox or Acorn, I've probably seen it. So finding a hotwife murder mystery was a joy for me. Fair play, that's not for everyone.

Thanks, I will read Marriage 2.0 next!

john jasson
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by john jasson » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:10 pm

What a great thread that I've only seen today for the first time. Thank you!
afagehi7 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:49 am
traddis wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:07 pm
You get what you pay for
Not convinced! I've read a few expensive books and wanted my money back! :lol:
Me: You’re probably a better fuck than his wife.
Her: I’m probably a better fuck than most people’s wives.
Our crazy journey: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=65359

CarstonMathers

Unread post by CarstonMathers » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:45 pm

DavidSilver wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:34 am
Wow, I just finished "Marriage 2.0: Season One". LOVED IT!!! I agree it's his best so far. I just bought season two and I'm eager to read it. I highly recommend it to others. Just a heads up to those thinking of getting it - it's a novella/short story collection, not a single complete novel. The collection format works really well. Looks like Season Two is a single story.

It would be interesting if any of the other hotwife/cuckold authors like Boswell, McCurran or Wright ask Max Sebastian to also do short stories in his "Marriage 2.0" world. This idea and world building is so cool, I'd love to see how other authors play in it.