Cuckold-Hotwife/Dominant-Submissive Graph

A niche for stories; fiction or non.
TriangleTangle
Experienced

Cuckold-Hotwife/Dominant-Submissive Graph

Unread post by TriangleTangle » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:07 pm

Due to multiple requests, I am posting what I consider to be a crude graph I had made and had referenced in several posts that illustrates the continuum between Cuckolding and Hotwifing, and its relationship to Dominance/submission. Often, people struggle to understand where they fall on that continuum and are seeking someway to label or categorize where they fall. I'd like to offer this up to help some people in the lifestyle better visualize things as most people that I've encountered agree that simple definitions of Hotwifing and Cuckolding alone are often too limited and narrow. The activities I've chosen in the graph are for illustrative purposes only; it is far from a complete list (and doesn't have to be). I am certain many of you can list more activities and I am happy to take suggestions for more to add and also where best to place them. Where I've chosen placed them initially was done by gut feel and experience; I tried to place each relative to where I personally feel they fall relative to each other. I don't want to start any flame wars over this - like I said it is crude and up to debate and I'll take suggestions to improve upon it. Consider it a strawman attempt.
Quad.jpg
Please be kind - I know is not perfect.

TriangleTangle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sucker00
Trainable

Re: Cuckold-Hotwife/Dominant-Submissive Graph

Unread post by sucker00 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:52 pm

TT,

Looks interesting, but difficult to read. Can you post a downloadable version, or a larger scale version?

Sucker

TriangleTangle
Experienced

Unread post by TriangleTangle » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:28 am

I'm not permitted to post a functioning URL on this site but if you copy this one and delete the two spaces (between the t/p and between the two / / it will work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvqgey45pbpiftd/Quad.bmp

allengt
Site Admin

Unread post by allengt » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:43 am

sucker00 wrote:TT,

Looks interesting, but difficult to read. Can you post a downloadable version, or a larger scale version?

Sucker
You can download that one and increase the size.
Only a fool test the depth of the water with both feet.
A bigger fool than the fellow who knows it all is the one who'll argue with him.

Read the rules: app.php/rules

squiggly_lines
Trainable

Unread post by squiggly_lines » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:50 am

TT,

Should I read anything into scoring off the bottom left corner? :lol:
Mrs_Daggers husband.

frank12
Trainable

Unread post by frank12 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:53 am

TT,

A nice capture of many of the things that seem to confuse some who find themselves in their explorations of why it is that they are feeling or experiencing the things they find exciting (or frightening). This graphic goes a long way toward making it clearer that this is a continuum of ways to conduct ourselves in these games we play. The real world is perhaps a hyperspace, with some interesting multidimensional twists and turns, but I think you've captured these two axes with some thoughtful consideration.
"The more you love, the more you can love - and the more intensely you love. Nor is there any limit on how many you can love. If a person had time enough, he could love all of that majority who are decent and just."

R.A. Heinlein - Lazarus Long

TriangleTangle
Experienced

Unread post by TriangleTangle » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:52 am

squiggly_lines, 101 ? nahh...just an artifact.

TriangleTangle
Experienced

Unread post by TriangleTangle » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:56 am

"The real world is perhaps a hyperspace, with some interesting multidimensional twists and turns" frank12

Frank12, very very perceptive! I was going to add that very comment myself on the original post but thought I'd wait until someone said it first....I was going to add that it doesn't show other related dimensions and that the 2D nature of the graph would make that difficult. One I did think of was a 3rd continuum that spans from swinging to polymory - and I am sure there are a few others. Perfect observation!

TT

Why2saywhy
Virgin

Unread post by Why2saywhy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:59 am

Very interesting to me as more of an observer than a participant. Clearly it is well thought out.

A thought I had as I looked at it, was the differences between fantasy and what really happens. We see that quite a bit on these forums. One partner wants a certain level of action but the partner wants either more, less or none at all. On some occasions this even leads to posts being "pulled," at the behest of the "none" partner.

Your graph could be very helpful to those considering these options, either alone or as a couple (or more) in negotiating what they want, where to start, and how far they want to go. Some might even be surprised at how much deeper it is possible to go than they realized.
Y2

Luv It
Pervert

Unread post by Luv It » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:00 am

What about the category of "non of the above"?

For me it reads a bit like a Chinese restaurant menue as none of them fit 100% :)
Our beginnings in the HW life style
http://www.ourhotwives.org/forum/viewto ... 1342&hilit

"My wife likes to talk to me when she's having sex. Last night she called me from Chicago."
-Rodney Dangerfield
:)

TriangleTangle
Experienced

Unread post by TriangleTangle » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:24 pm

Correct, none of them are suppose to fit 100%. many practitioners will typically lean towards one of the 4 quadrants. There will be some that might fit in more than one - that would be typical of someone who, in the more traditional D/s world, would be called a Switch. A Switch in the BDSM world enjoys being dominant sometimes and at other times being the submissive. So if you are none of the above you could well be a Switch, or, if you and/or your wife are neither dominant nor submissive, then you could be in the center (neutral).

Like I said, as a two dimensional chart it is limited in the variations it can depict, but it covers two typically inter-related axis/continuum's of D/s and HWing/Cuckold.

TT

xxxbar
Prepubescent

Unread post by xxxbar » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:39 pm

I think it's well done. Only exception is for dominant hotwife husband "getting no sexual charge". I may have to disagree with that one unless I'm just reading it wrong. I would think that anything positively related to this lifestyle has to have some positive charge, sexually, to it, no matter how minute the detail.

I think this graph can be helpful for any one of the parties involved, husband, wife, bull, etc., to better understand the others' point of view and possibly improve communication and sexual fulfillment.

TriangleTangle
Experienced

Unread post by TriangleTangle » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:49 am

"I would think that anything positively related to this lifestyle has to have some positive charge, sexually, to it, no matter how minute the detail."

That was my initial assumption too. I also struggled over that one, but I read enough replies in the discussion forum "Why would a guy want his wife to sleep with another man" that showed enough evidence that there are a decent swath of men that say they do it for other reasons just to make her happy - be it because they have some disability, inability, or other non-sexually driven reason. I went so far as to compile a condensed list of reasons extracted from that forum and posted the full list to the end of an article I had written on Compersion here: http://ourhotwives.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20879. I reasoned that If I left that off I'd be shorting an entire class of people, so I thought I'd play it safe erred on the side of inclusion.

Regards,
TT

MistressNoire
Trainable

Unread post by MistressNoire » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:13 am

People have fetishes and odd desires. This is nothing new. I'm pretty sure people were swinging and doing the cuckold thing in the time of Julius Caesar. Among the pre-colonial Zulus of South Africa, black men and black women with same-sex lovers were not shunned or mistreated. Does that surprise you ? It shouldn't. Swinging, male bisexuality, lesbianism, cuckolding, all those things have been with us for thousands of years. We're just re-discovering them in the Internet age.
I'm the most wicked woman you will ever meet. I will torment and torture you, and you will take it and like it.

wifewatcher1
Virgin

Unread post by wifewatcher1 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:27 am

Not sure where this fits. We are hotwife / husband dominant in terms of who / when. The guy is there is fuck her, not dominate anybody.

Once they guy and wife are together, he has as much control as she gives him, but ultimately remains in charge.

TriangleTangle
Experienced

Unread post by TriangleTangle » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:17 pm

The Dom/sub relationship of the graph generally depicts that of the wife and hubby only and irrespective of the OM. So I your case you'd locate yourself somewhere relative in the Dom/Hotwife quadrant. We'd need another dimension to depict the wife-OM relationship apart from that of the husband and wife.

TT

Brigida
Virgin

Unread post by Brigida » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:25 am

does such an arrangement make you happy ? that's the billion-dollar question, I think.
“There is something immensely scary about putting yourself out there for people to love or hate you, fan or pan you, review or screw you.”
― L.V. Lewis, Fifty Shades of Jungle Fever

vegasj360
Prepubescent

Unread post by vegasj360 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:31 pm

TriangleTangle wrote:
Please be kind - I know is not perfect.

TriangleTangle
I think that was awesome! Helps us newbies out! :up:

OHW Addict

Unread post by 54321 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:10 am

Oh dear! I got 'The file you are looking for has been deleted or moved'. I was looking forward to reading it! :cry:

irishhotwife
Virgin

Unread post by irishhotwife » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:18 pm

i found this helpful

Caddyguy
Prepubescent

Unread post by Caddyguy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:49 pm

Great graph, I fit in the overall submissive category.

bradisalpha
OHW Addict

Unread post by bradisalpha » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:18 pm

Very interesting !!
Read my Bio: "Brad.. from the beginning" ...
http://ourhotwives.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=45313

Sissy Cuckold Club...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=45930