What happened to xleg’s posts?

A niche for stories; fiction or non.
mercurygh
Prepubescent

What happened to xleg’s posts?

Unread post by mercurygh » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:15 am

Wondering why I can’t find any of the past xleg stories in the library board?

armyguyot1
Site Admin

Re: What happened to xleg’s posts?

Unread post by armyguyot1 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:49 pm

Welcome to the forum merurygh. If I remember right he asked to be deleted.

SirWanksalot
Prepubescent

Unread post by SirWanksalot » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:27 pm

He's publishing some of his stories from Literotica as paid ebooks. If I had to guess, I'd say he's planning on doing that with most or all of his material. But that's just a guess.

KenFromHere
Prepubescent

Unread post by KenFromHere » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:58 am

I was sorry to see them go too. He’s a great writer, I imagine he’ll be very successful financially. Hope I can find his work.

couple20uk

Unread post by couple20uk » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:05 am

Xleg is (maybe) publishing his work under the pseudonym Sam Morisson on Smashwords. I bought his first book to support him (if it is him). However, I notice there is a whole page of dialogue missing from it. XLEG, if you see this post, read the message I sent you today on Literotica for details.

DavidSilver
Virgin

Unread post by DavidSilver » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:51 am

couple20uk wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:05 am
Xleg is (maybe) publishing his work under the pseudonym Sam Morisson on Smashwords. I bought his first book to support him (if it is him). However, I notice there is a whole page of dialogue missing from it. XLEG, if you see this post, read the message I sent you today on Literotica for details.
He has deleted his Lit account, too.

I haven't read the book yet. I'm waiting till the second book is available. But maybe the dialogue is just missing, because he has made a series of it and had to do some small changes to the original story.

Btw, by now the books are available on some other retailers, too. Amazon is still missing, tough.

couple20uk

Unread post by couple20uk » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:36 am

DavidSilver wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:51 am
couple20uk wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:05 am
He has deleted his Lit account, too.

I haven't read the book yet. I'm waiting till the second book is available. But maybe the dialogue is just missing, because he has made a series of it and had to do some small changes to the original story.

Btw, by now the books are available on some other retailers, too. Amazon is still missing, tough.
No the dialogue is REALLY missing, a chapter stops abruptly.
I checked this morning against what was up (then not now) on Literotica. It was word, for word, the same then... missing text and the reader is left hanging.
Anyway, I was just trying to help/pre-warn Xleglover. Hopefully, he get it changed (and send me the updated version :D ). It is a shame there is no way we can "officially" contact him.

roaringknob
Trainable

Unread post by roaringknob » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:45 am

For years x"s loyal fan have supported him though there comments and ideas. X used to respond to his fans directly in the early days
I don"t hold anything against hime for wanting to profit from his future works, but i think it's ashame and a childish reaction to remove all the old stories that his true fans followed all these years

roaringknob
Trainable

Unread post by roaringknob » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:45 am

For years x"s loyal fan have supported him though there comments and ideas. X used to respond to his fans directly in the early days
I don"t hold anything against hime for wanting to profit from his future works, but i think it's ashame and a childish reaction to remove all the old stories that his true fans followed all these years

Jacko
Experienced

Unread post by Jacko » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:32 am

Yeah, admin 2UPinMichigan said X planned to write a post explaining his decision. But definitely a shame (though definitely not a requirement) not to give members here a pre-warning of his plans. We've effectively been beta-testers for his works, like the authors of The Martian and Ready Player One.

Oh well - glad I downloaded all the works from Literotica before they were gone! :)

DavidSilver
Virgin

Unread post by DavidSilver » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:00 am

It's just the way to go, if you want to sell something that you delete the free versions. (You may even run into trouble if you don't do that.) I would say most people here posted for their own fun and not to make his stories better. It's not like he revised his already posted work. I'm just thankful for the many hours of fun his work has brought to me. His Faithful Wife series alone has over 600k words. That's just insane. I hope to see new stuff from him, too.

gesdell
Pervert

Unread post by gesdell » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:12 am

I am curious to see what he charges for his stories. There is plenty of free content for people who don't want to pay. If you find a story that you truly love then just grab screen shots of it as it goes along. I remember paying for Penthouse Letters and thought nothing of paying for it, even though the writing was not always that good.

2inUPMichigan
VHW Admin

Unread post by 2inUPMichigan » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:36 pm

Here is his post explaining his reasoning and next steps as promised.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=69064