Searching by category column fields

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? They go here.
itsmagic1954
Virgin

Searching by category column fields

Unread post by itsmagic1954 » Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:12 pm

I don’t know the code for your website is constructed, but I always wanted to be able to sort active stories in a category by the number of “Views” and/or by the number of “Replies”. Another option might allow users to easily search for a particular author, or to “favourite” a story to add to a user list.

I believe the first option would bring stories that were popular or had a large number of views to the top of a category listing. This tend to be the hottest stories that generate reader engagement. An added benefit is that the sort function would tend to capture the more well written stories.

Aspiring authors would have examples of how to construct an erotic narrative of their journey to having a hot wife, their real life experiences, and sexy, arousing descriptions of their wives to help illustrate the action and feed the imaginations of the readers.

Hey, just some things to think about.

Thanks for all your hard work building the site, and moderating content. Must be a tough go at times, but you obviously love it because the site is up and thriving.

This user is grateful for what you do. Thank you.

MsMsld-1
Experienced

Re: Searching by category column fields

Unread post by MsMsld-1 » Sun Aug 25, 2024 10:33 pm

You’re joking …… right !!! How long have you been here ?

MsM’s ld
Retired couple in Central Otago NZ.
Have some cuckold experience.
Years of chastity experience.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=58610

itsmagic1954
Virgin

Unread post by itsmagic1954 » Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:50 pm

Nope. I’ve been here a looonng time. I’ve built databases where searching by column header is basic. The option to do it or not would be up to a given user.

It would bring popular and hot stories to the top, instead of drifting down in the category until it’s off the firstbpage.

kaskap79
Player

Unread post by kaskap79 » Sat Aug 31, 2024 12:43 pm

This site runs as predefined by phpBB and is fixed, so even though it would be nice, it is not possible.

There are a lot of other things that would be nice to change, but still not possible, unless we have many more users as sponsors.
When you are lying of your death bed, you only regret the things you did not do.

The most beautiful woman in the world is the woman lying naked and sweaty next to me.