Wonderful Life With My Gorgeous Hotwife (revisited)

For hotwives and the men who adore them.
Tracey52
Pervert

Re: Wonderful Life With My Gorgeous Hotwife (revisited)

Unread post by Tracey52 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:32 pm

It’s been awhile.

Johng1953
$2 Ho

Unread post by Johng1953 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:21 am

The curse of this site hits again.

lovethis
Experienced

Unread post by lovethis » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:35 pm

great story though expertly told on the edge of your seat stuff.

foot69loose
Virgin

Unread post by foot69loose » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:10 pm

lovethis wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:35 pm
great story though expertly told on the edge of your seat stuff.
Indeed it is.
And the wait for the next episode only wets our apetites even further.
Thank you John Jasson

john jasson
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by john jasson » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:11 am

In the calm after the storm, my love and I spend a fulfilling and wonderful week together.

We are ridiculously attentive to each other, reminding us of those idyllic, besotted days soon after we met. It’s probably more sickening than usual to everyone around us, particularly in the office, but we don’t care. Our love is back at full throttle, and it’s simply beautiful. We’ve even been going the short distance home at lunchtimes in the early part of the week for extra “us” time, because making love morning and night hasn’t been enough for us. She hasn’t heard from Geoff since the Thursday night last week when they picked up the pieces of their relationship.

On the strength of the positive noises still emitting and growing in volume following Sherrie’s trip across the Atlantic, we’ve decided to approach the bank to advance us more working capital for the business. We will be using the remaining equity we’ve built up in our home as collateral, so it’s additional risk we’d hoped we wouldn’t have to take, but again we’re backing our belief in our own scientific and entrepreneurial abilities, and financially it will give the company the breathing space it needs day to day. The scrimping was becoming ridiculous and much too obvious to the worried staff who had to get Sher or me to sign off every tiny item of expenditure right down to a box of tea bags. I knew all the tricks. Pay suppliers a month late, and only then when they’d screamed for the third time. Then send the wrong cheques in the wrong envelopes to buy us a few more days at the outer limits of our overdraft. Yep. We’d done all that stuff. It’s called survival. Our debts will be equal to our assets going forward for a while, so there is no margin for error at all now. Everything is on the line, but following the bank’s assent, it does ease the day to day mental pressure a fair bit, as well as the cashflow strain on our longsuffering suppliers.

Wednesday afternoon, I’m working alone in my office on some compliance documentation when she comes in, puts an arm around me and hands me her phone at an open text exchange. She has her classic “naughty, but a bit scared and plenty shocked at myself” look on her face, so she has my attention immediately.

S: Am I still invited to yours for the weekend, Master?

G: Yes, girl. Why wouldn’t you be? I said so.

S: Thank you, Master. I just wanted to make sure, and thank you again for understanding about everything. I don’t want things to be difficult between us. I don’t want the vibe to change. I wouldn’t want you to feel inhibited in the way you treat me because of what happened.

G: So you don’t want me to go easy on you.

S: No, Master.

G: Are you stupid, girl? For one thing, I am not influenced in planning your training and punishment by anything you say, and for another you should know you don’t get to tell me what you want and don’t want. Just arrive at the pool in a plain white dress. and don’t make any other plans for the weekend. You won’t need additional clothes. You will be fully occupied and although you are not entitled to know, you don’t need to concern yourself about me going easy on you. It won’t happen.

S: Thank you, Master. I’m sorry to bother you.

J: Jesus, Sher. Did you just want to goad him into confirming that you’re in for a hard time?

S: Yeah, maybe. I don’t know. I guess I must have done. The thought’s driving me nuts already. The unknown. What he will do. What I will have to do.

J: Fuck, you’re so crazy. But crazy fucking hot.

In my office behind my desk we’re out of sight, so I venture a hand between her legs and into her knickers. She knows the routine so she shuffles her legs apart a little to let me in. Of course she’s soaking and her lips are swollen just from the mindfuck. She’s definitely back in her stride.

J: Wait till I get you home tonight, you little minx!

S: Oh, John. This week’s been lovely, babe. But is it all right if we don’t again now before the weekend? Please? I want to…. concentrate on the prospect if that’s ok. I’m sorry.

She isn’t confident she’s on firm ground.

S: It’s nothing wrong with us, I promise. I just want to be in that headspace.

J: Are you asking me or telling me?

At my words and my raised eyebrows, her shocked with herself look has been supplanted by her shit eating grin. Of course she knows I’m encouraging her with my words and my finger still moving high inside her to run wild. Strengthening her backbone, and giving her licence for whatever she’s feeling:

S: I’m telling you.

J: Then tell me properly like you mean it without apologising. I can’t wait to get you home tonight, you little minx!

She pulls that cold, loveless voice from somewhere.

S: Well that’s just tough shit, baby. And take your hands off my Master’s pussy.

She steps back and runs her hands down either side of her body, accentuating all her curves.

S: This is all off limits for you till further notice. It’s strictly for my Master.

She stalks across my office in full strumpet mode now, turns around at the door and whispers with a wink:

S: Go have a wank!

At the same time she makes a wanking action with her hand. Then she’s gone. My little whirlwind torment.

Of course, I have no idea what “till further notice” means, and I have a moment’s “what have I done now” reflection. I’ve only just started fucking her again after more than a year of denial, for Christ’s sake. My cock is hard in erection though, so this obviously works at some level for both of us.

Back at home that night, everything is perfect as it’s been since the weekend. We have a normal evening together, but when I join her in bed she isn’t naked. She’s back in one of her wispy but full length nighties from the long denial, so if I thought she was fooling earlier on, now I know she wasn’t. I hold her and draw her body to mine.

S: It’s just in case we got carried away babe. Me just as much as you. I’m sorry.

J: No need sweetheart. We’re good. We’re perfect in fact. Or we would be if you’d stop fucking apologising!

On the Thursday evening, according to his instructions, Sherrie dresses in a pure white knee length dress to go to swimming, and for her weekend with Geoff - his consolation prize, as she’s been calling it. She’s carrying her swim and gym kit bag and a holdall for the days she’ll be away – no idea what’s in it because he’s stipulated no clothes. She’s taken Friday off work to give him her full attention until Sunday.

S(heading towards the door with that look of excitement mixed with trepidation): I’m off now, babe. Will you be ok?

We’ve turned back the clock in lots of loving ways this week, so I decide to reinvent another tradition:

J: Come here.

She looks at me a little puzzled, but she approaches me.

J: Take your dress off.

She understands and smiles. Stands before me. Plays along like she used to and pulls the dress up and over her head, but there’s no sexy lingerie here now like in the old days. It’s full cup bra and big knickers covering everything a bit like my mother used to wear, and exactly how Geoff insists she dresses. It’s so fucking sexy however ridiculous that seems. It’s sexy because we know why.

J: Someone’s getting into the spirit!

The smile persists but she says nothing. I stand up too, and I hold her. We embrace closely, and I whisper to her.

J: Enjoy yourself sweetheart.

S: I’ll try! Not sure what he has in store for me!

J: But you like that don’t you?

S: Hmmmmm. I think! Sometimes!! I’m very nervous.

J: But you like that too! Part your legs.

I put my hand down the waistband of the big knickers and down to her crotch. It’s been a long time since I inspected her sex before a session with her lover. She’s wet, squishy. I stick a couple of fingers into the tight hot cauldron that is her cunt.

J: Yeah. Evidently you like it.

S: I’m not sure you’re allowed to do this.

I remove my hands, kiss her tenderly and move back as she stands there young and beautiful in her frumpy old lady’s underwear.

J: Go on then. Have fun!

S: I love you so much, John. You do know?

Her voice is at breaking point. The heavy emotion between us is tangible to overwhelming. I smile the smile that tells her everything, then I lean forward and peck her on her nose.

S: Thank you!

J: Just go. I hope he really puts you through it in ways that you want, even if it’s tough on you, but if any of that stupid 24/7 stuff’s mentioned, call me and straight home. Promise?

I know she’s shit scared, but I also know that this is a part of her that she can’t shake and doesn’t want to.

S: I promise. But don’t worry. I told you. His card has been well and truly marked. He won’t try that again.

She’s put the plain white dress on again, and she just half smiles at me, half pouts, half grimaces in her excitement, obviously deep in that wild anticipation she described as she picks her bags up again and walks out of the door. I watch her pull off the drive and disappear down the road. Gone to live with her lover and master for the next three days.
Me: You’re probably a better fuck than his wife.
Her: I’m probably a better fuck than most people’s wives.
Our crazy journey: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=65359

Trickydicky69
Experienced

Unread post by Trickydicky69 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:24 pm

Ah, nice to see John back. Short but sweet! The update that is, not John :D
The real meat is still to come…

Asterix42
Pervert

Unread post by Asterix42 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:30 pm

Nice update. Thanks John 🙂

lovethis
Experienced

Unread post by lovethis » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:57 pm

Well written chapter. Looking forward to the next
Last edited by lovethis on Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Johng1953
$2 Ho

Unread post by Johng1953 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:07 am

Glad you're back, I was getting worried and withdrawal!

BDJ
$2 Ho

Unread post by BDJ » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:01 am

Sherrie is the practiced chameleon. Her ability to change from emotionally hot to cold, from cool acting professional to red hot sexpot, and from confident to scared as related to what Geoff will do to her. Like the chameleon, whose brain is constantly analyzing two separate, individual images of its environment, Sherrie coexists in two separate worlds. One, the subservient Sherrie, is hidden from everyone but John and Geoff.

And you, John, reminding her to act this way fuels the fire for both of you. Don't know if I could live with sex denial that is open ended. But it's pressing your buttons as you both acknowledge. Feeling that way produces both angst and a vibrant emotional energy, I think.

Good for you. Great for Sherrie. Wonderful for Geoff.

BDJ
Jade's Awakening: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=68192
Jade: My Story: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=66126

lovethis
Experienced

Unread post by lovethis » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:00 pm

I am glad things seem to be back to some sort of normality. I think Geoff stuffed up big time though. He got too greedy when Sherrie was at her most vulnerable and In a way so was the marriage.

Geoff had the perfect situation in front of him. Sherrie had been let down by you and would have questioned your loyalty. She went to the only person she could trust. The one that has her addicted to his big cock and his alpha male status. He had taken her deep and had taken away every thought of you while she was in her deep state. He could have given her the best night of her life. Slowly releasing her he should have said to her, stay here tonight and for as long as you need. I will take you deeper from now on and take your pain away. Your master wants you to heal from the pain that your other half has caused. If he had any sense and patience he may have redirected her thoughts away from you and exploited the weakness you had provided him. Instead be got greedy hit the red line with Sherrie and kicked her out when she said no. Now she had the 2 men she cared about the most abandoned her and left her in a mess.

Funny how he came running back with his tail between his legs.

I also think he didn't realize the grip he had on her. How hopelessly lost Sherrie was with Geoff out of her life. He could've used that to his advantage as well if had known Sherrie a little better

Trickydicky69
Experienced

Unread post by Trickydicky69 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:36 am

I think though, it’s fortunate for John, that Geoff didn’t really understand Sherrie.
Whether it’s because she didn’t show him who she was or he didn’t enquire, is a moot point.
If Geoff had known the whole of her personality, it would have made him much more dangerous. He would have been a lot more cunning about chipping away at their marriage.
Tbf though, I still say that if S had just been honest with him and said it was all about the bdsm and she had a rock solid marriage, Geoff probably wouldn’t have tried it on.
Although maybe he wouldn’t have tried being such an effective Dom either.

lovethis
Experienced

Unread post by lovethis » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:04 am

Apparently Sherrie is so many levels above Geoff. There is not much to him apart from the attributes that spark Sherrie to her core and held her mesmerized. He may have been desperate and thought the attributes he possessed were enough to win her totally when there was trouble in paradise. He could have used those attributes more wisely to lure her away slowly but surely. She went to Geoff to talk, but could not control the spell he has over her and let Geoff fuck her and Dom her. She told John she wasn't going to fuck him but couldn't help her self. She fucked him and he fucked up by being too greedy. A question I have. Should hotwives fuck if they are in a pretty serious disagreement with the husband.

Trickydicky69
Experienced

Unread post by Trickydicky69 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:59 am

Depends on your definition of hotwife…
Mine is a committed couple where the wife enjoys sex with different men with the approval of the husband.
However, it’s a joint adventure- she gets to choose who and when but is sympathetic to the husband’s feelings and if he expresses reservations, she will abide by that as that is the primary relationship. That’s the rule for getting her fun.
A cuckold is where she is much more in charge sexually but not necessarily a FLR outside of the sex.
After all, relationships only work if both parties agree that it’s working.
If the cuck says it’s too much but she won’t stop, then divorce is the bottom line. Because she no longer values her cuck relationship over extramarital sex

lovethis
Experienced

Unread post by lovethis » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:02 pm

Should you run to the BF everytime there is a breakdown in the marriage and fuck the boyfriend. I realize the subject is so diverse there will never be a correct answer. In Johns case he was pissed which made him lash out and say some nasty things. Things a hotwife husband should not say. "He put up with Sherrie's shit for four years" that would have pissed her off and did cause her to leave the house.
Now if Geoff had of played his cards right where do you think she may have found solitude and a good fuck to take her mind off what she thought at the time was an arsehole of a hubby. All hypothetical but just an interesting observation. Geoff's dominance during Sherries vulnerable time could have been consolation for Sherrie but ended up being a weakness for Geoff.
With Sherries complete lust for Geoff to the extent that she would run to him when things got bad and could not control the urge to be Dommed by him I am so looking forward to future threads and the conclusion of Geoff and what sparked his downfall.
He now knows her limits and what can trigger them no matter how far down the rabbit hole Sherrie is. Did the rabbit hole go deeper? Can't wait.

john jasson
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by john jasson » Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:35 am

Nfhw wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:43 am
What an amazing love you two share.

Thank you for taking us along.
Thank you for coming aboard!

john jasson
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by john jasson » Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:39 am

Johng1953 wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:35 am
Sherrie has redeemed herself in my eyes somewhat.
However, Geoff has just reinforced my intense dislike of him. He's a thoroughly nasty piece of work.
I can't imagine what brought about the end of this relationship given that the breach described here obviously didn't permanently destroy whatever the vibe is, but I can't help hoping it ended badly for him when it did eventually end.
Whilst we had been shaken by events, Sherrie and I were able to rationalise it from all 3 points of view. She prevailed on me that he wasn’t “all bad” and had been caught up in the whirlwind of events every bit as much as we had. She equated his treatment of her the night he threw her out to our treatment of each other when we stood in our kitchen slapping each other. She insisted he remained a responsible dom to her.

john jasson
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by john jasson » Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:41 am

Tracey52 wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:43 am
She has got it bad, if she went back to him after that. No thoughts of dumping him. Only worried how she’ll react if he dumps her again.
Yes. She wanted that crazy high back, and she thought it could help put her head back together.

john jasson
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by john jasson » Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:43 am

Lensman2000 wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:22 pm
I'm not asking for your psychoanalysis here, but, what do you think is the source of Sherri's submissive and, occasionally, sadistic traits? Her sub behavior seems to be selective (only with certain men) and her cruelty seems directed only toward you.
Wow. Tough one! Neither of us understands her reaction to what can only be described as misogynistic men. It bewilders her, but it’s potent. It’s a natural and basic physical and mental reaction deep in her makeup going all the way back to the night with Damien in the pub just after we were married, and probably even before that. Despite herself, she finds it very hard to resist and, of course, I’ve encouraged her not to resist it and do exactly as she feels when it takes her over. Her “cruelty” to me on the other hand is a completely manufactured thing by the two of us. I push her to push me to the limit, and we both get off on it. There is nobody else she would want to practise it on because it’s our “game”.

john jasson
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by john jasson » Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:46 am

Cuckysi wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:57 am
An amazing series of posts covering the events of the Wednesday/Thursday following John's phone comment and then Sherrie's return from self imposed exile. Certainly clarifies Sherrie's state of mind and explains why she took John's comment so badly, and how this then set off the potentially catastrophic week away.

Although lots of the questions from the readership (not least regarding Sherrie's response to John's comment and the fallout from this) have been answered, there are clearly others arising from the posts that will, hopefully, be answered over the next few months.

In particular John, did you ever find out what Sherrie said to Geoff on the Wednesday following your comment about phone charges?

"S: I told Geoff how much you’d upset me in terms I regret now. He was the only sounding board I had. No doubt he was thinking about my words all the time I was there with him controlling me.
J: Even now, I don’t feel able to ask her exactly what it was she said to him about me, so I keep quiet. Maybe one day she’ll volunteer it; maybe it’s better left dark.
"

There is also the ongoing saga of the business and the potential impact of this on yours and Sherrie's life together (much earlier on you mention that the impact of Sherrie's absence on the business was terminal).

Finally thanks so much John for the effort that you put into this thread, your narrative posts and the thoughtful replies to the questions from your readership. It must take hours of your time and like so many others have said before I really appreciate and value this thread not just for it's entertainment value but also for the psychological insights into aspects of this lifestyle.

I edited your post above to respond, as a lot of it is “future speculation” as we’ve been calling it, but just on these points, no I didn’t ever get the full story on what she said to him about our falling out on the phone that Wednesday evening. She was obviously in a bad place, had already told both Geoff and me that she didn’t mean the things she said in anger, so I saw nothing to be gained by picking at the sore.

You are right in that the psychological aspects of doing this are truly extraordinary. Although it is certainly extremely hot on a physical plane, it is so much more affecting cerebrally. It’s an absolute mindfuck in every way.

john jasson
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by john jasson » Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:48 am

blooit1 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:20 am
Thanks J for your latest post.
As I read it, I was struck again by how well matched you and S are. You are both very fortunate to have enjoyed such a mutually loving relationship. Although I don’t doubt you both will have made the effort to make it so.
I do have a question for you; have you ever personally attempted to satisfy S’s submissive and masochsitic needs?

I also feel that I should comment on some of the negative comments being made about G upthread. I do appreciate that he has made a serious mistake in trying to tryst S away from J and quite rightly deserves criticism for that.
However, from what I’ve since read, he understands that he overstepped the line and has apologised to S and now accepts that what he was trying to do is not acceptable.
All his other actions are very much instigated by S and even expected and welcomed by her! He is satisfying her S and M needs and wants and is mindful of her welfare and safety. I believe that any criticism of him in this respect is unfair and unjustified.
No. I have not tried to dom her. Not seriously anyway. A bit of play with hot candle wax that made her shriek and tying her to the bed to fuck her in our very early days was about it. It really isn’t us. Not our loving vibe, you see, and she’d just start laughing, I am sure. No. It needs to be that kind of unreconstructed “take what he likes on his own terms” macho type man that doesn’t care or consider what she wants. It’s a walk on the wild side that in her right mind she should hate, but in her sex brain she can’t resist.

john jasson
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by john jasson » Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:50 am

Trickydicky69 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:33 am
Agreed, Geoff was until the shitshow, a perfect Dom for Sherrie.
My problem with him was, he was behaving unethically in the background- which seemed pretty clear early on the thread to me, anyway.
Innately untrustworthy character which Sherrie was attracted to, hence how this came about.
If he’d been ethical, if she hadn’t been attracted to bad boys, the story wouldn’t exist.
But this story repeats itself endlessly. I’ve seen paler imitations of this happen many times with my younger female staff.
I’m sure it is more common than we might think. It’s not what modern feminists would like to recognise, but Sherrie and I are sure that there must be a residual visceral attraction in at least some women for a man who simply gives her no quarter in using her for his own satisfaction. It’s phenomenal to watch the effect on her, and she gives it full reign knowing there are no real world consequences for her in doing so. We hope we’ve found a way to enjoy it without it destroying us, but you have to work at it.

john jasson
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by john jasson » Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:53 am

BDJ wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:01 am
Sherrie is the practiced chameleon. Her ability to change from emotionally hot to cold, from cool acting professional to red hot sexpot, and from confident to scared as related to what Geoff will do to her. Like the chameleon, whose brain is constantly analyzing two separate, individual images of its environment, Sherrie coexists in two separate worlds. One, the subservient Sherrie, is hidden from everyone but John and Geoff.

And you, John, reminding her to act this way fuels the fire for both of you. Don't know if I could live with sex denial that is open ended. But it's pressing your buttons as you both acknowledge. Feeling that way produces both angst and a vibrant emotional energy, I think.

Good for you. Great for Sherrie. Wonderful for Geoff.

BDJ

Love your assessment as ever, BDJ. Very perceptive, I believe. Hoping all is well with you and Jade.

john jasson
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by john jasson » Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:59 am

lovethis wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:00 pm
I am glad things seem to be back to some sort of normality. I think Geoff stuffed up big time though. He got too greedy when Sherrie was at her most vulnerable and In a way so was the marriage.

Geoff had the perfect situation in front of him. Sherrie had been let down by you and would have questioned your loyalty. She went to the only person she could trust. The one that has her addicted to his big cock and his alpha male status. He had taken her deep and had taken away every thought of you while she was in her deep state. He could have given her the best night of her life. Slowly releasing her he should have said to her, stay here tonight and for as long as you need. I will take you deeper from now on and take your pain away. Your master wants you to heal from the pain that your other half has caused. If he had any sense and patience he may have redirected her thoughts away from you and exploited the weakness you had provided him. Instead be got greedy hit the red line with Sherrie and kicked her out when she said no. Now she had the 2 men she cared about the most abandoned her and left her in a mess.

Funny how he came running back with his tail between his legs.

I also think he didn't realize the grip he had on her. How hopelessly lost Sherrie was with Geoff out of her life. He could've used that to his advantage as well if had known Sherrie a little better
Trickydicky69 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:36 am

I think though, it’s fortunate for John, that Geoff didn’t really understand Sherrie.
Whether it’s because she didn’t show him who she was or he didn’t enquire, is a moot point.
If Geoff had known the whole of her personality, it would have made him much more dangerous. He would have been a lot more cunning about chipping away at their marriage.
Tbf though, I still say that if S had just been honest with him and said it was all about the bdsm and she had a rock solid marriage, Geoff probably wouldn’t have tried it on.
Although maybe he wouldn’t have tried being such an effective Dom either.
This is an interesting angle. Certainly one I hadn’t considered. Of course I would say this couldn’t possibly happen. He couldn’t wield such a hold over her, but then things I thought could never happen already did, so who knows? It is also fascinating to analyse that despite his dominance over her that entirely bewilders her, his physical strength and ability to punish, belittle and master her to utter helplessness, she STILL has this ultimate power that he would crawl back and apologise. The gentle, awesome power of a woman!

john jasson
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by john jasson » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:19 am

lovethis wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:04 am
Apparently Sherrie is so many levels above Geoff. There is not much to him apart from the attributes that spark Sherrie to her core and held her mesmerized. He may have been desperate and thought the attributes he possessed were enough to win her totally when there was trouble in paradise. He could have used those attributes more wisely to lure her away slowly but surely. She went to Geoff to talk, but could not control the spell he has over her and let Geoff fuck her and Dom her. She told John she wasn't going to fuck him but couldn't help her self. She fucked him and he fucked up by being too greedy. A question I have. Should hotwives fuck if they are in a pretty serious disagreement with the husband.

I suppose it depends on the arrangement. I had ceded all decisions over her sex life to Sherrie. I told her upfront to go and be a single woman, that it was irrevocable, and I would never take it back. After hesitation, she eventually accepted it as a gift that she treasured, and we both regarded it as an act of love between the closest of soul mates. Having done that, I could never really go back on my word, so if she wanted him while we were in our bad place it was her decision and beyond my capacity to challenge, even though I tried to on the night out of desperation. When she said she doubted that she’d be fucking him that night of their reconciliation, it was merely a statement of her expectation given the gulf between them the last time they parted, rather than her saying she didn’t want to, or a promise to me not to.