Like button

For cuckoldresses and the men who serve them.
mfm4bnc
$2 Ho

Like button

Unread post by mfm4bnc » Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:43 am

A lot of times someone posts something that I like, but I don't really have a lot to say about. I kind of wish there was a like button so I could tell the writer I enjoyed what they said.

aztd
2 Bit Whore

Re: Like button

Unread post by aztd » Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:56 am

Type like, cool , great

Desiplayer
Virgin

Unread post by Desiplayer » Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:02 pm

mfm4bnc wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:43 am
A lot of times someone posts something that I like, but I don't really have a lot to say about. I kind of wish there was a like button so I could tell the writer I enjoyed what they said.
I feel the same way as well ..it would be nice to have that and drive engagement in this forum ….this also promotes ppl to post and share their thoughts/experiences

AZPainter
Experienced

Unread post by AZPainter » Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:49 am

I would like a "Like" button. I work at home as a fairly busy artist and sometimes a client might show up so I don't always have time to comment if I have something to say. Then of course there are threads I like but as stated by mfm4bnc but I don't have a comment or an immediate one until able to read the entire thread or however far along it is and other members comment which may make me have a question or comment.
AZTD said to "Type like, cool , great" and I agree that is a good idea, but at times, to put down my brushes clean off any paint on my hands or remove gloves if using lead based color and get to the door to let someone in, I just don't have the time to type that, minimize my monitor and do the other things mentioned. I'm 83 now and not very fast anymore. :D so a "like" button at times like this would really be handy. Love this site though, and have for at least 10 years, I would guess. :D

kort677
Pervert

Unread post by kort677 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:15 am

mfm4bnc wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:43 am
agreed! however this forum software has very limited capabilities

knight4princess
Player

Unread post by knight4princess » Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:08 pm

Like.

Maddie_Hippychick
Experienced

Unread post by Maddie_Hippychick » Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:53 pm

If you look at the very bottom of the page, in the footer it says “powered by phpBB”. That’s a pretty common open-source application for running/managing online bulletin boards. I took a quick look in the documentation for this application and didn’t see any support for a LIKE button. So, it’s not like the admins could just turn it on. It would take a php developer to write it, and ideally merge it into the phpBB codebase.

If we have any php wizards out there, how ‘bout it?

AZPainter
Experienced

Unread post by AZPainter » Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:17 pm

Maddie_Hippychick wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:53 pm
If you look at the very bottom of the page, in the footer it says “powered by phpBB”. That’s a pretty common open-source application for running/managing online bulletin boards. I took a quick look in the documentation for this application and didn’t see any support for a LIKE button. So, it’s not like the admins could just turn it on. It would take a php developer to write it, and ideally merge it into the phpBB codebase.

Ah Thank you Maddie. Great having someone with the knowledge to check that out. Thanks a lot, that pretty much settles it.:D

Maddie_Hippychick
Experienced

Unread post by Maddie_Hippychick » Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:19 pm

Well… it looks like there may be extensions for phpBB that could possibly add this, or similar, functionality. A system admin would need to find one that met the technical requirements, like the correct version of phpBB and PHP, and install it, test it before they deploy it.

SessionsGoLong
Virgin

Unread post by SessionsGoLong » Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:36 pm

Maddie_Hippychick wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:53 pm

This may work. Not my code, just search results from StackOverflow for, "php Like button."

$.post('like.php',{ parameter1: 'val1', parameter2: 'val2', anotherParameter: 'test' }, function(data) { /* data is the response data from the request */ });
Trainabull

leander99
Pervert

Unread post by leander99 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:55 am

It doesn't make sense to develop this, instead use existing plugins.
There is a "Thanks" plugin which probably fit what is asked for.

However, I'm not sure this is a good addition, since it automatically implies there will be posts that are not liked, or that are liked less.
We do not want to create a hierarchy of good and bad authors here. It might discourage newer posters.

Bartleby
Pervert

Unread post by Bartleby » Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:47 pm

Like button would be much appreciated.

trecital
OHW Addict

Unread post by trecital » Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:10 pm

This has been answered in the 'Feedback' forum.