Is this the start or the end?

A niche for stories; fiction or non.
dickhurts472
Experienced

Re: Is this the start or the end?

Unread post by dickhurts472 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:41 am

2wheel;
please,let me clarify Donna's & my story. while you & i are mourning the loss of a loved one, our life's paths were, significantly, different.

short version; we met in high school in 1962. we lived in the same neighborhood & had several common friends. we attended the same social functions & house parties but not as BF & GF. but we were not BF & GF at all during high school.

we got re-acquainted after she called me in Oct. 1965. that lead to us dating & we married soon after i finished my USAF basic training.

we moved to my duty station & had two kids while spending the whole 4 years in FL.

we moved back home to start our married life. but, because i was an immature & irresponsible idiot, we separated in 1980 & divorced, at her request, in 1994.

she remarried before the ink was dry on the paperwork.

hubby #2 passed in Aug. 2016. we reconnected, again in July 2017 & went on from there, until Feb.1st, 2021.

at the time, she was still in NY &, due to another stupid move on my part, i was, & still am, living in NC.

but, let me say, without reservation, that i still loved & missed her every day during the 30 plus years we were apart.

end of story.
disclaimer; The "Wife", to whom i, occasionally, refer is my ex-wife. we reconnected a year after hubby 2 died in '16. We rekindled & view ourselves as, actually, married. She passed on 2/1/'21

Jeff111
$2 Ho

Unread post by Jeff111 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:13 am

2wheel wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:06 am
And the unanswerable question both DH & I have is, What is the path forward for us?
Just one day at a time mate, one day at a time.

There will be a better tomorrow, eventually, but hard to see or care for now perhaps.

R_H_NC

Unread post by R_H_NC » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:30 pm

2Wheel,
I just found this thread a few days ago and have been reading it, post by post. Then about 30 minutes ago, I saw your post about HWR passing. I was, as a brit would say, gobsmacked. I actually had to leave my computer and go sit quietly for a while. I, like probably most of us who read your story felt we came to know both you and HWR. Please know that there are a lot of people here pulling for you. My deepest sympathies.

2inUPMichigan
VHW Admin

Unread post by 2inUPMichigan » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:26 pm

I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss 2wheel 😥

I wish I had the words ....

I think what is important is that you take care of yourself and if you do get down and don't know which way to turn maybe think about what she would want you to do.
What would your closest friend tell you at a time like this?

We are all here for you reach out if you need us!

2wheel
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by 2wheel » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:50 am

Jeff111 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:13 am
2wheel wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:06 am
And the unanswerable question both DH & I have is, What is the path forward for us?
Just one day at a time mate, one day at a time.

There will be a better tomorrow, eventually, but hard to see or care for now perhaps.
Thank you.

2wheel
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by 2wheel » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:51 am

R_H_NC wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:30 pm
2Wheel,
I just found this thread a few days ago and have been reading it, post by post. Then about 30 minutes ago, I saw your post about HWR passing. I was, as a brit would say, gobsmacked. I actually had to leave my computer and go sit quietly for a while. I, like probably most of us who read your story felt we came to know both you and HWR. Please know that there are a lot of people here pulling for you. My deepest sympathies.
Thank you.

2wheel
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by 2wheel » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:52 am

2inUPMichigan wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:26 pm
I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss 2wheel 😥

I wish I had the words ....

I think what is important is that you take care of yourself and if you do get down and don't know which way to turn maybe think about what she would want you to do.
What would your closest friend tell you at a time like this?

We are all here for you reach out if you need us!
Thank you.

Boomhauer
Virgin

Unread post by Boomhauer » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:33 am

I spent days reading about you and your wife's adventures last year. I thought I'd check in and see how Covid life was treating y'all and I am so sorry to hear about her passing.

2inUPMichigan
VHW Admin

Unread post by 2inUPMichigan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:18 pm

Welcome to OHW Boomhauer

lookingiansa
Player

Unread post by lookingiansa » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:49 am

2 Wheel

I had ran across your story of you guys the other day and binge read the first 21 pages and after reading of her passing. I wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. I can tell through the writing how much you cared for her and wanted to make her days happy.

Mr. Lookingiansa

afagehi7

Unread post by afagehi7 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:55 pm

lookingiansa wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:49 am
2 Wheel

I had ran across your story of you guys the other day and binge read the first 21 pages and after reading of her passing. I wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. I can tell through the writing how much you cared for her and wanted to make her days happy.

Mr. Lookingiansa
I think he certainly made her last years a very happy time. He shouldn't have any regrets looking back. He treated her as his queen.